SAP Netweaver – Configuring Initial Logon Image SAP GUI
Today we are going to teach you how can you configure the inital logon image in you sap logon, this is very handy to identify the system you are logged in to avoid unexpected transactions or changes.
This are the requiered steps you need to follow:
1. Select the image you want to configure in SAP GUI, try to use a small image because it can take some seconds to show in the screen.
2. Go to transaction SMW0, check Binary data for WebRFC applications and hit enter.
3. Hit the clock button
4. Clic on the white paper to create a custom repository.
5. Enter a name for the repository, for example ZLOGO. Then clic on import button.
6. Locate the image from the step 1.
7. If this message appears we need to maintain the Mimes. We can modify it in the same transaction page.
8. Now we create a new MIME Type using the white paper like image below and clic on save.
9. Now we repeat step 5 and 6.
10. We assign a proper package and create the transport request.
11. Now it appears our ZLOGO repository in the table.
12. Then we go to transaction SM30 and type the table SSM_CUST. Then clic on maintain.
13. Look for the entry START_IMAGE if not present the create a new entry. In the new entry in the column Value to be set enter the name of the repository created before. In this example ZLOGO and clic save.
14. Add this modification to the same transport request.
15. Log off and login again. The new image should be uploaded.
16. In case the image does not appear take a look at the SAP GUI personalization. You have to be sure this option is not selected.
Please like the page and rate if it was helpful.