Publishing Work List Queries for All Users in SAP Business ByDesign
Hello ByD Community,
Today I would like to pass along some knowledge that I recently acquired. The topic is regarding work list queries and how a key user can build a query and publish it for all users that have access to the specific work list. Thanks to Jim Shearman at SAP for helping me out. I believe this functionality has been in the system for a while, however, I was using a system on version 1402 to document this. Some of you may already know how to do this, but I couldn’t find any documentation in the help section so I have decided to write this up.
Here are the steps:
- Find the work list where you want to build the query. In the screenshots that I took I used the Customer Invoicing WoC > Invoice Documents work list.
- Enter Adaptation mode.
- Select the standard query “All Invoice Documents by Selection” and then open the advanced filter and enter the filter criteria you want. (It is always best to start with whatever query gives you all results unless you are wanting to modify a specific query)
- Run the query.
- Save the query.
- Open the Adaptation menu again and select “Edit Screen”
- Publish the changes of this screen.
- You are now complete and can leave adaptation mode.
Once you have published the changes, all users that have access to this work list can find the new query in the query list as shown below.
I hope everyone finds this information useful. Please feel free to message me directly if you have any questions.