How to Edit the Categorization Schema for SAP ITSM/ChaRM
How to Edit the Categorization Schema to include Newly Created Custom Transaction types
SAP strongly suggests to copy the default Transaction Types for ITSM and ChaRM to the Customer namespace (Z* or Y*) before customization begins. These steps are done via the Guided Procedure for ChaRM, as is the creation of the Categorization Schema for the S* Ttypes.
In order to enable categorization for Customer namespace Incidents, Requests for Change, and the Change Documents, you must copy the SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE Cat schema to the Customer Z Namespace and include the Z* Transaction Types.
- From Solution Manager: Launch sm_crm
2. To Enable Table Keys in Drop Down:
- In WebUI Click Personalize
- Check box for Enable ‘Show Keys in Drop Down’ -> Save
- Choose -> Service Operations -> Categorization Schemas
2. Search for SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE
3. Change the Schema ID and Name to Z Namespace and Save
4. Put the Schema in Edit Mode:
(If editing a currently active version of a schema, First
Create a New Version of the Schema
5. From General Data Assignment Block Choose Drop Down Status on Right, choose Draft.
** Be sure to edit the Valid From Date , Default value is 24 hours in the future **
6. From Application Area Table on Right, Choose New
- Create an Entry for Service Order -> Transaction type/Catalog Category ->
- Make Entries for ZMCR, ZMAD, ZMGC, ZMHF, ZMMJ (Choose (D)
- (* When editing/creating a copy of the Standard Schema, Remove all Standard S*ttype entries)
7. From General Assignment Block:
- Choose Valid-From Date and Time (default is 24 hours ahead)
- Put Schema in Released Mode ->
8. Save the Schema
Go Back to Search for Categorization Schemas:
Once Valid To Date is reached, the Status of schema will change to Active
To Test, Create a New Change Doc and verify the Categories are enabled:
Thanks for sharing the information.
Can you please name the job role required to configure CRM UI of Solution Manager and configure the schema?
Thanks & Regards
For most setup we use the Solman_Admin user, who should have a high level of basis roles, if not Sap_All, Sap_new.
If these changes are transportable? (web UI configurations)
We need IC_MANAGER as business role assigned to our user to access WebUi Categorizasition Schema .