SAP BOBJ WebI and Java security issue (04/2014)
FYI: If you are using WebI via a Business Objects portal, and are running Java v7u51 on your computer, there are security issues that prevent the application from loading. I’ve submitted some information regarding this issue, including a workaround: SAP is aware of this issue, and is working on a fix.
- The WebIntelligence Java Report Panel does not launch when using supported Java Runtime Environment 7 update 51 with default settings
- A message “Error. Click for details” appears on the InfoView webpage instead
- Clicking the error reveals another message “Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://hostname:port/AnalyticalReporting/webiApplet/ThinCadenza.jar“
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- Web Intelligence
- Java Runtime Environment 7 update 51
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Java Runtime Environment 7 update 51.
- In any supported browser, login to InfoView and create a new Web Intelligence report using the Java Report Panel.
- A popup window appears “Do you want to run this application?”. Click Run.
- Instead of launching Java Report Panel, an error “Error. Click for details” appears.
- Clicking this error reveals the additional message “Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://hostname:port/AnalyticalReporting/webiApplet/ThinCadenza.jar“
- Clicking the Details button opens up the Java console and shows the same message.
- Go to Control Panel, double click Java to open the Java Control Panel.
- Click on the Security tab and change the slider from default setting of “High” to “Medium”.
- Click OK to save the changes. The Java Report Panel should now be launched without any errors.