There has been a lot of buzz lately in the Process Integration / Orchestration community around migration from SAP NetWeaver Process Integration & BPM to Orchestration, what is the effort, what are the benefits.
I would like to draw your attention to two business transformation studies of PI customers in two different industries who embarked on the migration journey. The common line is one migration – multiple benefits.
Stadtwerke Düsseldorf (SWD) is a Utilities company that provides reliable energy and water service to over 1 million people in and around Düsseldorf. With a growing volume of electronically transferred messages, SWD needed to grow its IT platform as well and implement a reliable B2B solution. They embarked on this business transformation working with SAP Partner Itelligence.
The aftermath is 2.5 million | 3x faster | 1 translating into:
- 2.5 million electronic messages per month through SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration
- 3x faster message exchange with SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration with a B2B add-on
- 1 system to monitor in a single-stack (instead of a dual-stack)
Holger Sueße, Integration Architect, Stadtwerke Düsseldorf says: “We are glad that we migrated from SAP NetWeaver PI to SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration. Message transfers are now much faster and process monitoring became much easier. This gives us more time to focus on how best to serve our customers.”
Read the full case study for more about the business requirements, the solution and benefits:
Siemens Industry Drive Technologies has worked with SAP Partner Evosoft GmbH on their migration. Their main objectives were to enable A2A integration, business process and rules management and increase flexibility to route sales-relevant data to different applications. The company now has one powerful solution in place and enjoys greater efficiency.
Jörg Weiß, Head of Process Integration, evosoft GmbH is positive that “Creating model-based integration scenarios with SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration is much simpler than it was before. The software gives us the flexibility we need to make quick IT changes to support changing business requirements.”
The aftermath for Siemens Industry Drive Technologies is impressive:
- Appr. 25% reduction in TCO (total cost of ownership) after consolidating SAP NetWeaver BPM and SAP NetWeaver PI under SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration
- Appr. 33% acceleration in development of new integration scenarios (compared to SAP NetWeaver PI alone)
- 100% reuse of existing SAP NetWeaver PI mapping logic
Access the full case study for more about the business requirements, resolution and achieved benefits: