Settings to Generate Transport Request for a Table
Dear SAP Practitioners,
Greetings for the day,
The document explains you, how to generate a transport request manually, when you do a configuration but system doesn’t generates you a transport request.
Example: I was trying to cancel an excise invoice in transaction code J1IEX but it was throwing an error message, saying ‘Please Maintain the Rejection Code’ but there were no rejection codes available in the F4 option. In order to resolve the issue I’ve configured the same in path: SPRO – Logistics – General – Tax on Goods Movements – India – Business Transactions – Maintain Rejection Codes but when was done with configuration, the system was not generating a transport request automatically!!!. The result, I couldn’t able to move the changes to neither QAS nor PRD systems from DEV system.
Please find the below steps to resolve the issue.
- Go to transaction SE11. Open table J_1IREJMAS
- On the menu bar, go to “Utilities -> Table Maintenance Generator”
- In the block for ‘Dialog Data Transport details’, for the option ‘Recording Routine’, select the radio button ‘Standard recording Routine‘ instead ‘no, or user, recording routine’
- Ensure that the Authorization Groups has ‘w/o auth. group’ entered. Authorization Group should be &NC&
- While on this screen, save and go to the menu bar, “Environment -> Maintenance Objects -> Change.
- In the ‘object attributes’ block, for the transport option, select ‘Automatic Transport‘ instead ‘No transport’
- Click the icon “Adjust to Dict.’ this will adjust your object category.
- Click the ‘Check Consistency’ icon. This will check for the Completeness of the maintenance view.
- Once the consistency check is through, save.
- Come back to the table structure (using backward navigation) and reactivate the table, if required (under normal circumstances, this should not be required).
Thank you for reading the blog.
Thanks & Regards,
I am having a requirement that I need to update one particular table without asking for the TR in DEV system. I should not change the settings to changes without automatic recordings in scc4. Can I use options (no or user, recording routine) and No transport from the above example. will this work in my scenario.
Please let me Know.
Thanks in Advance:)
Dear Maruthi Prasad NIssankararao,
This can be done, but before that I wanted to know the business requirement, which is asking you to not to generate a transport request! Usually you need to have a transport request for your changes done in DEV system, so that you can move the same to the next systems.
Advice you to not to follow the procedure for your scenario, as there is no impact, if you generate a transport request.
Please let me know, if you require any clarification.
Thanks for your warm response 🙂
The business requirement is, the changes are already existing in the QAS and PRD.
so, the functional consultant they don't want to create the TR for this change in DEV.
even though there is no impact if the TR is generated for this change. But it is a client
requirement which I should do 🙁
Thanks a lot for your valuable comments. 🙂
Dear Maruthi Prasad NIssankararao,
I wonder, how the changes have been moved to QAS & PRD without configuring in DEV!!!
Advise and make your client understand that there is no impact in generating a transport request in DEV system. If you fail in that, you can do the said settings but do remember to revert the changes back after your job is done.