CROSS SYSTEM PROCESS CHAIN MONITORING TOOL WITH EMAIL ALERTS & ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY
1. We often come across situations where the Client has multiple BW systems and we need to do Process Chain Monitoring for all of them. We have to login to every system and do the monitoring in individual systems. Switching to systems and do monitoring in each system is very tedious task and requires many SAP BW consultants to monitor them continuously. Using this tool we can monitor all connected systems from one system where this tool is implemented.
2. There are scenarios where the Process Chains are built but with no alerts messages and we often miss to monitor the Chains and we come to know about the failures very late causing escalations from users for non-availability of data. We can schedule this Tool to send alerts through email so that we don’t miss any failures.
3. There are scenarios where Process Chain is failed from inside at any step but the Process Chain remains in Active State from outside. This program will look into RSPCPROCESSLOG and if any failures will give message on the screen. We can also send instant emails by clicking on Mail Button.
How to Use”:
Execute the Program by entering Systems and Process Chains:
You will see the ALV display with Status of all Chains from all systems in single window.
You can go to any Chain’s Log by clicking on the Chain. If the chain is from same system it will not ask for a login but if it is from another system then it will as for a login.
You can click on the Refresh Button to refresh the Log:
There are issues where the Chain looks Active from outside but there are failures inside the Chain they can be seen along with other Errors in the Log on Top:
You can also Click on the Mail Button if you want to send
the Error log through Email to the Address you want entered on Selection
We can also Schedule the program periodically to send the email to Recipients. For that we can click on the schedule Email Check box and execute the program in background and give scheduling details.
How to Create in System:
Go to Transaction SE41
Create the Menu as shown in screen shots:
Create Transaction ZZMONITOR in Transaction Code SE93
This is a good tool. Just a few clarificaitons:
1. Is the source system same for all of the BW systems? And if so I am assuming we will implement this program in source system only.
2. Considering that we have multiple sources systems for multiple BW systems then do we have to implement the program in each of the source system/target system?
keep up the good work and sharing it 🙂
This tool is basically to monitor all chains of multiple connected BW systems in only one systems.
1.This tool you can implement what ever be the source systems. No dependency in source systems.
2. Also you only have to choose any of your BW system to which all other BW systems are connected and implement it only that system. You dont need to implement in every system.
Please let me know if you need any more clarifications.