- Log into http://service.sap.com/swdc
Go to Installation and Upgrades->A-Z Index->N->SAP Netweaver->SAP Netweaver 7.4
- Click on SOFTWARE PROVISIONING MGR 1.0 and choose your OS
- Scroll down where you can see software packages
- Files which begins with 70 (70SWPM10SP05 0-200009707.sar here) can install only SAP NW 7.0. File without 70 at the beginning installs all version above 7.0 – so 7.1, 7.3. 7.4. Click and download to your disk latest patch level of SWPM (SWPM10SP05 0-200009707.SAR in my case). It is usually around 300 mb in size.
- Download SAPCAR.EXE – tool used to extract SAR archives. Go to Support packages and Patches->A-Z Index->S->SAPCAR choose latest version and then click your OS. Scroll down and download file there.
- copy downloaded SAPCAR.exe file into directory with previously downloaded SAR file, then run in command prompt SAPCAR.EXE -xvf <filename>.SAR. That command will unzip sar archive.
You can find sapinst.exe (if you are on windows) and sapinstgui.exe files in directory where SAR file was unzipped.
SAPINST.exe servers as installator for localhost and SAPINSTGUI.exe servers as remote gui for remotely run installation.
In the case of remote installation – you have to run sapinst.exe -nogui on the remote system and sapinstgui.exe on local system and put ip address of remote system as host.