SAP University Alliances Americas Faculty Summer Workshops 2014
Professors from SAP University Alliances Program member schools across the Americas are invited to participate in train-the-trainer oriented coursework that introduce participants to SAP solution based curriculum as well as best practices for successful classroom use. Workshop curriculum content is typically developed and delivered by professors active in the program. This summer we will offer 10 face-to-face sessions at two locations. Registration is now open so register early to save yourself a seat in the workshop of your choice. If for some reason you need to later cancel, please let us know. Attendance is free; however your school must cover your travel costs – airfare, hotel, meals, transportation etc.
Registration for both workshops is now closed!
California State University, Chico
June 9 – 12, 2014
Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm PT
Introduction to University Alliances and ERP using Global Bike – Confirmed and Now Closed
|Participants are introduced to the SAP University Alliances program, the SAP ERP application, and best practices for effectively teaching with University Alliances curriculum. Core ERP processes will be covered in an Introduction to ERP using the Global Bike 2.0 client with a focus on teaching the concepts, principles, and techniques related to these processes and hands-on exercises.||No prerequisite||Click here|
SAP HANA – Confirmed and Now Closed
|Participants are introduced to SAP HANA and in-memory database technology. Learn how businesses run real time dramatically accelerating analytics, business processes, predictive analysis, and sentiment data processing. The course focus is on teaching the concepts, principles, and techniques related to SAP HANA and hands-on exercises.||Knowledge of ERP is useful||Click here|
Analytics – Confirmed and Now Closed
Participants are introduced to SAP BusinessObjects and SAP Crystal analytic applications with a focus on hands-on exercises covering end user analytics. Participants are also introduced to SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse. The focus is hands-on exercises covering developer-focused analytics using the latest version of SAP NetWeaver BW. Workshop will also feature new curriculum using SAP Predictive Analysis.
|Knowledge of ERP and SAP
BusinessObjects, BI reporting is useful.
|Cloud Solutions –Canceled||This workshop will showcase SAP Cloud Solutions in one-day introductions to Ariba, Hybris, SuccessFactors, and Business One.||No Prerequisite||Click here|
|SAP Student Entrepreneurship Bootcamp – Canceled||The SAP Student Entrepreneurship Program fosters innovation and enables students to “dream big” and create a startup concept leveraging SAP technologies. In this workshop, faculty gain experience with the content in the SAP Student Entrepreneurship “Boot Camp” which includes Design Thinking, Business Modeling, and Investor Pitching. This will enable faculty to bring this program to their campus, helping to seed an entrepreneurial spirit among students interested to innovate with SAP.||No Prerequisite||Click here|
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
July 7 – 10, 2014
Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm CT
Introduction to SAP ERP and University Alliances – Confirmed and Now Closed
|Participants are introduced to the SAP University Alliances program, the SAP ERP application, and best practices for effectively teaching with University Alliances curriculum. Core ERP processes will be covered in an Introduction to ERP using the Global Bike 2.0 client with a focus on teaching the concepts, principles, and techniques related to these processes and hands-on exercises.||No Prerequisite||Click here|
|ERP Configuration using Global Bike – Confirmed||Participants are introduced to SAP ERP Configuration using the Global Bike, Inc. (GBI) curriculum. Topics include: curriculum overview for SAP ERP Configuration; teaching system configuration using the GBI client: concepts, exercises, and effective pedagogy; and guidance on preparing for first classroom use. After completing this workshop, professors are prepared to introduce hands-on SAP content into their configuration courses. Participants should have completed an Introduction to SAP ERP prior to attempting this course.||Introduction to SAP ERP and University Alliances||Click here|
SAP Mobile Development – Confirmed
|Participants are introduced to SAP Mobile Platform. The course will involve hands-on exercises in developing device-independent hybrid as well as native mobile apps that provide standards-based connectivity between SAP and mobile devices. This revised 2013-2014 version of the curriculum and software is tied to the new SAP Press book – Mobile Development for SAP.||No Prerequisite||Click here|
|This workshop will showcase SAP Cloud Solutions in one-day introductions to Ariba, Hybris, SuccessFactors, and Business One.||No Prerequisite||Click here|
SAP Student Entrepreneurship Bootcamp
The SAP Student Entrepreneurship Program fosters innovation and enables students to “dream big” and create a startup concept leveraging SAP technologies. In this workshop, faculty gain experience with the content in the SAP Student Entrepreneurship “Boot Camp” which includes Design Thinking, Business Modeling, and Investor Pitching. This will enable faculty to bring this program to their campus, helping to seed an entrepreneurial spirit among students interested to innovate with SAP.”
|No Prerequisite||Click here|
- There is no fee for the summer workshops. However, your campus needs to cover your travel expenses (flight, ground transportation, hotel, meals, etc).
- Dress is business casual for the entire event. Relax, learn, network, enjoy.
- You may find weather information for Chico or Milwaukee at www.weather.com
- We suggest you use get directions from the airport to your chosen hotel, and from your hotel to the University from a site such as Mapquest (www.mapquest.com) or Google Maps (www.maps.google.com).
- Classes will begin each day at 9:00 am local time and will run to around 5:00 pm. Workshops are 4 full days. Sessions end at 5:00 pm on the last day of all workshops; please plan travel accordingly.
- Light refreshments will be provided mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Participants will be responsible for their lunches, which can be purchased in the campus Union or at nearby restaurants.
- You will be advised of specific room locations for your workshop upon arrival at the workshop venue.
- Location: University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
Lubar School of Business
3202 N. Maryland Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53211
- Contact: Ross Hightower, Lecturer and UCC Director
Phone: (414) 229-4357
Emergency: (414) 229-3992
- Recommended Airport: Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
Hotel: Radisson Milwaukee North Shore.
7065 North Port Washington Road, Glendale, WI. www.radisson.com/milwaukeewi_north. The special room rate is $94, which includes a full hot breakfast. To receive this special rate, call the hotel directly (414-351-6960) or toll-free 800-333-3333 and ask for the “UWM-SAP group” room rate. Cut-off date is June 29.
Bus pass for Radisson North Shore-UWM Campus
UWM has arranged for bus transportation from
the Radisson North Shore to campus in the morning and from campus to the
Radisson after class at a subsidized fee of $35 per week. This service
will also provide transportation on the last day after class either to the
airport or the hotel (at your option).
Order your bus pass by clicking here or copy and paste the link below
into your browser https://www4.uwm.edu/epay/registration/index.cfm?a1=edit&course_id=10.
Have your credit card handy.
- Directions For maps of and directions to the UWM campus, please see http://www4.uwm.edu/assets/ux/explore/map_color.pdf
- Class Location Lubar School of Business
- Parking Parking is available in the Student Union garage and is $1.50 /hour, with a $12 daily maximum. The garage is located at 2200 E. Kenwood Blvd.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, CHICO
- Location: California State University, Chcio
California State University, Chico
400 West First Street
Chico, CA 95929
- Contact: Tom Wilder, Lecturer and UCC Director
- Recommended Airport: Sacramento International Airport
Suggested Hotels: Hotel Diamond, Oxford Suites, Marriott Courtyard, Mariott Residence Inn hotels near csu chico – Google Maps
CSU Chico is approximately 1.5 hours north of Sacramento International Airport Sacramento International Airport to California State University, Chico – Google Maps
There will be no transportation from hotels to CSU Chico
- Directions For maps of and directions to the CSUC campus, please see CSUC, West 1st Street, Chico, CA – Google Maps
- Class Location School of Business
- Parking Attendee parking is available in the parking garage located at the corner of Cherry St. and West 1st Street at a daily rate.