I would like to introduce a new method to identify the URL generated by the system to access the Planning Modeler.
This is a workaround when the SSO is not working and you are not able to start the Modeler.
One of the possible solution for this situation, see the Note 1933288 – Transaction RSPLAN does not start planning modeler.
However, I’ll show how to directly access with your BI Java Portal.
The planning modeler uses SSO (e.g. http:///sap/public/myssocntl?sap-client=000 ). For that reason, ou cannot access the Planning Modeler URL directly from your default browser.
This procedure is very useful in case of Planning Modeler does not start or, in a urgent case, to access without SSO.
- Go to transaction SE24 and display the class “CL_RSPLS_WDPP”
- Open the method “start_wdapp”
- Add a breakpoint on the code line:
l_url = get_url(
i_dc = i_dc
- Go to transaction RSPLAN
- Active the Debugging mode with /h on transaction box.
- Click on “Start Modeler” button
- The Debugger will start and will stop on the break-point.
- Press F6 and check the “l_url” content. Its value is the Planning Modeler URL configured for that system.