You can download this update from the SAP Marketplace as a Full Install Package or Support Package.
Well to be honest… not much…
There are few Web Intelligence features and others but nothing exciting. Except perhaps the (too) long (and much) awaited Kill Session! It took so long, it must have been through a multi-million dollars development cycle. Most of you will appreciate this new feature, especially those of you with Concurrent Users (CALs).
See this good article covering the subject from: Kill Session in BI4.1 SP3
This alternative solution could also be useful: How to Delete Stale BI4 User Sessions with biUserSessionKillScript
- Official Document: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_whats_new_en.pdf
- SCN: SAP BusinessObjects BI4.1 SP3 What’s New
Supported Platform (Product Availability Matrix)
This is the main raison why I was awaiting for this Support Package. So many technologies weren’t supported with SP02 it was becoming a problem. Those of you for example with MS SQL 2012 SP1, IE 11, Oracle 12c, etc will know what I’m talking about.
Well there are some good and unfortunately bad news. Here is a short selection which will make a difference for me and most:
New in SP03:
- Oracle 12c (Universe)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (Universe) – to be released on April 1st 2014
- Internet Explorer 11
- SharePoint 2013
Missing in SP03:
- Oracle 12c (System and Audit databases)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (System and Audit databases) – to be released on April 1st 2014
- Tomcat 8 (could be because it’s still in BETA)
Anything else critically missing for you?
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 SP03 Install Guide, SAP Note 1981402
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Suite 4.1 SP03 Release Restrictions, SAP Note 1981454
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 SP03 Fixed Issues, SAP Note 1981455
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 SP03 Update Guide
- Other Resources: BI Platform
Forward Fit Plan
The SBOP Forward Fit Plan has not been updated yet but it appears SAP BI 4.1 SP03 includes the following Updates
- SAP BI 4.0 SP08 Patch 8.1
- SAP BI 4.0 SP08 Patch 8.2
- SAP BI 4.1 SP02 Patch 2.1
It is therefore missing as of today SAP BI 4.1 SP02 Patch 2.2, 2.3, 2.4. That’s a lot… All of those scheduled for SAP BI 4.1 SP03 Patch 3.1.
Source: SBOP Forward Fit Plan
We’ll be doing running tests over the next few days. I’ll post some comments if necessary. Personally I’ll be waiting for SAP BI 4.1 SP03 Patch 3.1 before installing this on site to make sure I’m covering as much fixes as possible.