Access to content such as documents, spreadsheets, videos and presentations is core to most people’s every day job. Making it easily accessibly on a mobile device is arguably even more important. Content is leveraged in many mobile applications and also stands alone in its importance.
If you use consumer tools like Box or DropBox then you know what content sharing is all about. But if you care about the security of that content, then you also know that consumer solutions aren’t secure enough for enterprise use. There are two main types of content that employees care about: accessing their personal business documents and accessing corporate content like documents stored is SharePoint, OpenText or Documentum. Our goal with SAP Mobile Documents is to provide easy, secure access to both types of content in an easy to use mobile app.
The Mobile Secure team is proud to announce that we released SAP Mobile Documents 1.0 SP2 in March 2014. The product, which was first released in 2013, has matured to be a great solution for enterprises with a priority on integration and security. That’s why is core to our SAP Mobile Secure portfolio. We’ve taken the training wheels off and have delivered a strong enterprise-caliber product ready for production.
Some highlights of the SP2 new features include:
- Write support in mobile clients
- A new easy to use HTML5 web client featuring responsive design
- Team sharing providing the ability to share folders with named users
- Corporate content read and write ability on all clients
- The ability to restrict automatic sync over cellular network to save on your cell phone bill
- An Outlook plug-in that makes it easy to send large attachments
Stay tuned to the SAP Mobile Documents Community of SCN for all the latest assets, demos and more.
The new version of SAP Mobile Documents is available on the SAP Market Place at