The initial shipment of HR Renewal 2.0 was just released to customers (ramp-up started March 2014).
For MSS, HR Renewal 2.0 includes two main enhancements, a Substitutions lane and a redesigned, SAPUI5 based Timesheet Approval application.
- Substitution Lane
The new lane enables managers to easily view and manage their substitutions, both the ones they have created themselves and those assigned by other managers.
The short lane on the landing page
- lists the substitutes they have assigned and provides a link to create additional substitution rules
- shows the substitutions assigned to them by other managers
- provides a link to the work items
The expanded view of the Substitutions Lane shows the details of the substitutions assigned to the user. It provides an overview of all managers who assigned the user as a substitute and, for each of them, it shows which team and employee specific applications were assigned to the user.
The expanded view allows the substitute to
- Select a substituting manager’s name and view their team and substituted tasks
- View the team card showing the selected manager’s team. From the team card, the substitute can start employee specific applications
- See the substituting manager’s list of substituted tasks in the form of cards. From these cards, the substitute can launch team level applications.
- Timesheet Approval (Working TIme Approval)
The re-designed, SAPUI5 based application
- Displays an overview of all pending timesheet approval items
- Provides options to approve on a summarized (timesheet) level or on a detail level
- Offers an option for mass approval
The enhancements are activated with business function HCM_MSS_UI5_2 (HCM, Manager Self-Service on SAP UI5 2). For further prerequisites, see note 1990110.
Additional information is available here:
- HR Renewal 2.0 Initial Shipment – HR Renewal 2.0 Available!
- Substitutions in MSS – All that is needed for configuring Substitution in MSS
- HR Renewal 2.0 – Initial Shipment – SAP Help Portal Page
- Ramp-up – http://service.sap.com/rampup