Hello data geeks and sports fans,
Here’s a recap from the past week of college basketball predictions and analysis with SAP Lumira and SAP Predictive Analysis. We’re now down to the round of 16 and the round of 8 this weekend. The SAP’s Data Viz Team has correctly predicted 37 of 52 overall games and 11 of 16 sweet sixteen teams with all of our final four picks still in action! Read on for the highlights from the past week.
Here’s the latest view of where we stand with our bracket:
Insights and Upsets:
Predictions that had success:
- Dayton upset over Ohio St.
- Pittsburgh upset over Colorado
- Connecticut upset over Villanova
- Kentucky upset over Wichita St.
Predictions that missed the mark:
- Duke’s big loss to Mercer
- Harvard downing Cincinnati
- Stanford making it to the round of 16
- Baylor over Creighton
ViztheMadness at #BI2014
Here’s a few pics from the BI and HANA team at SAP Insider Orlando this week, check out more action from the event recap here:
SAP Lumira in the News
- March Madness Predictions with SAP Lumira by Craig Powers
- BI2014 and HANA2014 Takeaways by Holger Mueller
Visualizations and Data Stories
Demo the Madness
Do your own college basketball demo with SAP Lumira:
- Demo the public visualization, watch a video demo script
- Download the data set and visualize with SAP Lumira, watch the full length demo video including predictive (for DataGeeks)
The tournament continues over the next few weekends with the final game on Monday, April 7. The analytics team will be at Gartner BI in Las Vegas for another week of action packed SAP Lumira and Predictive demos/sessions. We’ll continue to follow the action and analysis with SAP Lumira, follow @SAPLumira on Twitter for all the buzz.
Have a great weekend and enjoy watching the games!