FAQ: In my experience i have answered this question so many people. So am writing this document
Question: Am new to SAP B1 What i want to learn
Answer for Functional Consultant:
- Business Process
- Formatted Search
- SQL Query Report
- Crystal Reports
- Stored Procedure
- Preparing Documentation
- Good Communication
Note: This 7 points will help you to get good position in SAP B1 field.
Detailed Explanation :
- Business Process:
- Import purchase process
- Local purchase process
- Fixed asset purchase process
- Subcontract purchase
- Service purchase
- Non stock item purchase like , paper, pen, tissue cloth etc…
- Quality process
- Refer this link for more details: How to Implement SAP Business One projects successfully
- Stock Revaluation
- Stock Taking
- Purchase return
- Sales return
- Returnable Gate Pass “Configure GRPO-QC and Returnable Gate pass using – Inventory Transfer Ctrl + Tab in ITEMCODE field“
- Production planning like , Daily, Monthly or based on sales order etc…
- Set multilevel BOM
- Stage wise production
- Send one process for subcontract
- WIP process
- Quality process for each stage.
- Handle Scrap in each production stage.
- Refer this link for more details: How to Implement Production in Default SAP Business one
- Export Sales
- Local Sales
- Consignment Sales
- AS IS sales (You will buy sales with same tax value based on selected batch- This scenario related to INDIAN localization)
- Service Sales (In this case you will act as sub-contract for other business partner)
- Drop ship Sales (In this case stock will not come to factory it will be sale in transit)
- Production Scrap sales
- SAP Account flow of all the documents like , Goods Receipt PO , A/P invoice etc..
- Char of account drawers like, What are all P&L drawers and what are all Balance sheet drawers etc..
- What is Cost of good sold
- Valuation method like FIFO , Moving average and Standard
- In which situation we have to use Set G/L method by Item group or by Warehouse
- What is the use of Trail balance, P & L, Balance Sheet
- Year end process
- What are all the stationary reports based on your project localization.
- Fixed asset setup : Fixed Asset SAP Business One 9.0 Configuration
2. Formatted Search
- You need basic knowledge of SQL to write this.
- Get one field value to other field
- How add two field and put a value in other field
- How to deal with Quantity and price field, for example you have use “.Number” keyword
3. SQL Query Report
- What is header table(OPOR) and row table (POR1)
- What is object types
- What is docentry
- Refer this link for more details: Database design in SAP Business One
4. Crystal Reports
- PLD in crystal report
- Normal reports
- Cross tab report
- Formula field
- Report using SQL quries
5. Stored Procedure
- You need basic knowledge of SQL to write a stored procedure.
- What is Object type and Trans Type
- What is the use of @list_of_key_cols_tab_del and @list_of_cols_val_tab_del
- Same object type should not contain more that one time. (you have to use only if and else if)
6. Preparing Documentation
- How to prepare AS IS and TO BE document
- Help document
- Technical document for addon.
7. Good Communication
- Communication is more import bcz we have to conduct meeting with top level people
- We have to be very careful what we are giving commitment to customer, if you say yes for not possible things then you will be in trouble of completing that.
- How to send a daily project status mail
- How to train end user (bcz you have to face educated and un-educated person and then you have train some times who didn’t used the computer in his life.)
Any questions or if anyone has any tips for me please post below.