Recently we came across a requirement in transportation management where the freight value has to be calculated as fixed price till a minimum weight and then calculate as rate per weight unit. I just wanted to share how the requirement was handled.
I have a condition type, say FB00 (with access sequence) for freight calculation in transportation. The requirement is that the freight value has to be calculated as fixed price till a minimum weight and then calculate as rate per ton.
For example, let the minimum weight is 5 tons and rate per ton is 10 USD per ton. If the weight is 4 tons (or any value below 5 tons), then the condition should calculate over the minimum weight, that is 5*10 = 50 USD. If the weight is 6 tons (or any value above 5 tons), then the freight has to be calculated as the actual weight * rate per ton.
I have achieved the solution through the following steps:
1. Create scale for Transportation Management.
- Follow the easy access path: Logistics – Logistics Execution – Master Data – Transportation – Shipment Costs – Scales – Create.
- Transaction code VS01.
- Select the scale basis: Gross weight, net weight, volume etc can be chosen from F4. Since my requirement is related to gross weight, I chose D (Gross weight)
- Enter the scale details:
- Note: The rounding rule defines how the quantity / weight to be rounded.
- Maintain the calculation details:
- Calculation type A is for fixed rate and calculation type B is for relative rate. Calculation type C is also available which is for continuous calculation. The calculation logic is explained in the note: 743904 – Information: Use of calculation type ‘C – Continuation’
- Here, 0 – 5 tons, it is absolute/fixed value and from 6 tons, it is rate per unit.
- Save the scale.
2. Maintain the scale in the condition type of transportation management:
- Follow the path: SPRO – Logistic Execution – Transportation – Shipment Costs – Pricing – Pricing Control – Define Condition Types.
- Select the required condition type and go to “Scales for condition types”
- Please note that the calculation type in the condition type will be automatically changed to T (Multi dimensional).
- In scales, you can define maximum three scale ID’s for a condition type. This can be used when you want to calculate the amount based on two or more parameters like weight, distance etc.
3. Maintain the condition record for transportation management in TK11 transaction.
- Click on “scales”
- One pop up window will come where you can select the scale ID. You can select any one scale ID as required.
- Maintain the fixed rate for absolute value calculation and the weight per unit:
4. Test the scenario:
Note: I used another condition type ZF04 referencing FB00, to achieve another business requirement. The calculation will be similar to FB00.
Case 1: weight 1 Ton: Condition Value = 50 USD
Case 2: weight 4 Ton : Condition value = 50 USD
Case 3: weight = 5 Ton: Condition value = 50 USD
Case 4: Weight = 6 tons, Condition value= 60 USD (6*10 = 60 USD)
Now, the system is calculating the freight cost as per the requirement.
Courtesy: Jürgen L
Thanks & Regards,