SAP Consultant – What’s in your backpack???
On the golf channel there is a show called “What’s in the bag” where they take a look at what clubs and other goodies are in the famous professional golfers bags. You’ll be amazed at what they have in their bags from the usual drinks, snacks, spare gloves to photos, lucky charms and more….
I thought it would be interesting to hear what folks in our industry, as SAP consultants, have in their bag, especially applicable to the “Road Warriors”.
I’ll start by sharing what’s in my bag….
- Personal Laptop: Dell Latitude with privacy screen and power cords
- Depending on the client: MacBook Pro, Dell Latitude or HP Notebook
- Multiple security badges for each of the applicable clients
- Wireless Mouse
- iPhone 5c Gold 😉
- iPhone charging cable, In ear earphones with mic for conference calls and hands-free driving
- Sprint 4g MiFi with charger
- Car keys (after parking in the usual parking garage…)
- Parking ticket
- Tissues, Travel toothbrush and toothpaste (courtesy Virgin Atlantic)
- Pens, Pens and more pens
- Whiteboard markers because you never know how prepared the clients are – Doesn’t mean that you can’t be.
- Business cards
- ERPGenie.COM magnets (Sometimes folks remember me through the ERPGenie website so I have something with me to give to them if they wish)
- Passport (Yup – After I arrived at the airport, bound for Canada, without my passport, I now carry it in my bag permanently…)
- Southwest drink coupons (Useless for me as I have never used them – If you see me on a plane ask me to buy you a drink – No problem…)
- A couple of USB thumbdrives
- A little fitness card deck to stay in shape although nowadays I just do exercises based off an iPhone app
- Cool binder with notepad in it courtesy of Pandit View Software (Thank you)
That’s it, I’ve gotten to the bottom of my bag, my office on my back, my livelihood… Nothing crazy but everything that you could possibly need, short of a change of underwear, if a situation arises at a client.
If any folks have anything additional that is in their bag, please comment below and share with the community. Don’t be shy.