Tahir Hussain “Bob” Babar from the SAP HANA Academy showcases how to explore data in SAP Lumira Cloud.
Bob wants to store objects in SAP Lumira Cloud and shows how to do so in 2 steps.
- First Bob goes to cloud.saplumira.com and logs into his free personal SAP Lumira Cloud account.
- Bob clicks on upload, then browse, and then chooses the file that he wants to upload before clicking on open and then ok.
A user can upload Storyboards, Datasets, SAP Lumira files, CSVs, Local Spreadsheets, Powerpoints, SAP Crystal Reports or Design Studio files to SAP Lumira Cloud and can filter their objects using the narrow by feature on the toolbar.
Bob wants to create a dataset in SAP Lumira and shows how to in 5 steps.
- Bob clicks on the create dataset button and the selects the browse button.
- After selecting a CSV file (can also use Excel files) Bob clicks ok.
- Next, Bob clicks on the data acquisitions options and chooses his sheet and if he wants to set the first column as the column header.
- Then, Bob clicks on the wrench on the left to enrich his data. A data set must have at least one measure and one attribute. Bob has three measures and no attributes so he clicks on one of his measures and chooses to convert it to an attribute. Users can also change their measures from a sum to a min, max, or count and can change the name of the measures and attributes.
- Bob then names his dataset and clicks on the acquire button.
Bob details how to explore datasets and create visualizations in in SAP Lumira Cloud.
- Bob clicks on the wheel to the right of a data set and selects explore.
- Bob receives a prompt that he has too many data points to visualize. To resolve this, Bob drags his current attribute in the X Axis & Values box out and clicks on the plus sign to replace it with a new attribute.
- Bob shows how users can create visualizations by dragging and dropping measures and attributes from the left onto the canvas in the middle and then choosing different visualizations options from the list on the right. For the geographic chart a user must use latitude and longitude.
- Bob then shows how users can modify their visualizations by using the analyze tab. A user can add a trellis and change the type, data points, mode, color, size, animation an/or shading of different attributes and measures in their visualization.
- Bob clicks on the save button at the top right and names his visualization to save it.
- Clicking on the share button creates a unique URL for the visualization that users can email to their colleagues.
Bob’s tutorial video details how to explore data in the SAP Lumira Cloud.
View other tutorials on SAP Lumira at the SAP HANA Academy.
SAP HANA Academy – over 500 free tutorial technical videos on using SAP HANA.
SAP HANA Academy