SAP HANA Live2!: Installing SAP HANA Client and SAP HANA Studio on Windows in AWS
Tahir Hussain “Bob” Babar from the SAP HANA Academy details how to install a SAP HANA Client and a SAP HANA Studio on a Windows box in AWS. Note that SAP HANA SPS7 is required for the HANA Live2! course. To view all of the content and links for the course please visit the HAHA Live2! Project Overview.
Cleaning up the Windows Box:
Bob wants to clean up his Windows Machine and shows how to in 2 steps.
- Inside his Windows box Bob goes into his server manager advises user to change their Windows’ password if they prefer.
- Then, Bob clicks on Configure IE ESC and turns off both the administrators and users.
Installing the SAP HANA Clients:
Bob wants to install the SAP HANA clients and SAP HANA Studio and shows how to in 6 steps.
- First, Bob launches Internet Explorer and goes to the IP address for his SAP HANA One Management Console.
- After, entering his password Bob goes to the downloads tab, selects the download 64 bit for Windows option for SAP HANA Studio and clicks on save.
- Also, Bob clicks on the download 64 bit for Windows option for SAP HANA Client Libraries and clicks on save.
- Next, Bob opens the folder where the Studio and Client Libraries were downloaded to and chooses extract all for both of the zip files.
- Then Bob enters the SAP HANA Client folder and executes the hdbclient.
- Bob chooses to install it to the default folder, clicks next twice and then finish once all of the software has been installed.
Verifying the SAP HANA Clients Installation:
Bob wants to verify that the SAP HANA Client has been installed properly and does so in 4 steps.
- Bob creates an ODBC connection by going to start, then administrative tools and then data sources (ODBC).
- Then, Bob goes to the system DSN tab, chooses add and selects HDBODBC and then clicks finish.
- Bob names the data source HCB and the pastes in the port number from his Linux box and then adds 30015 (the SAP HANA One port number) to the end before clicking connect.
- Bob then enters his system user name and password to verify that his connection to the SAP HANA One instance was successful.
Installing SAP HANA Studio:
Bob wants to install SAP HANA Studio and shows how to in 6 steps.
- Bob launches a browser, searches for jdk 1.6 and clicks on the first option.
- After, clicking on download, Bob accepts the license agreement and clicks to download the 64-bit version.
- Then, Bob clicks on run, then selects next, chooses where to install his java file and clicks next to install java.
- Bob installs the jre, by putting the jre in the same folder along side the jdk, and then clicks on next.
- Next, Bob enters the SAP HANA Studio folder and runs the hdpsetup file.
- Then Bob selects next twice and then finish after the software has been downloaded.
Logging into SAP HANA Studio:
Finally, Bob wants to log into SAP HANA Studio. Bob clicks on starts, chooses all programs and selects SAP HANA Studio under the SAP HANA folder. SAP HANA Studio will be used frequently throughout the HANA Live2! course so Bob pins it to the task bar and the start menu. Then Bob launches SAP HANA Studio.
Bob’s tutorial video walks through how to install the SAP HANA client and SAP HANA Studio on a Windows box.
View other tutorials on the HANA Live2! Project at the SAP HANA Academy.
SAP HANA Academy – over 500 free tutorial technical videos on using SAP HANA.
SAP HANA Academy