#SAPTechEd Lecture of the week: How can IT Deliver 2 Value Releases per year
Upgrades have been a challenge for most of the customers. In this Lecture ITM200 “How can IT deliver 2 value releases per year” we discuss how best practices from SAP can simplify this process making your enterprise more agile and adopt innovations from SAP at a faster rate to create tangible business value
This lecture also outlines the need to get your IT into a rhythm
Reducing the chaos and bring repeatable patterns into your release and deployment management strategy
Ensuring your upgrade is not a drain but an investment that can give you immediate value by
- Ensuring the latest software releases from SAP becomes foundation for your innovations to bring direct business value
- Reducing your custom code footprint by adopting standard functionality
- Experience exponential improvements in performance with many solutions optimized for HANA
The thought of potentially upgrading your landscape twice an year, may bring up some concerns such as Testing Effort, Downtime etc. This lecture will give you tips and tricks how small adjustments in way of working and adoption of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 can address these pain points
- Parallel landscapes for faster upgrades and reducing time to Go Live.
- Test only what is impacted by using Business Process Change Analyzer.
- Manage multiple projects using compare and adjust.
- Reduce custom code , reduce testing and maintenance costs.
- Using Near Zero Downtime and the planned True Zero downtime.
This session was well received and I would like to thank other presenters of this session , Marc Thier and Tim Steuer
In case this sounds exciting and you missed the lecture in Teched , you can view the recording here
Thanks for making Tech Ed 2013 a huge success and hope we bring another winner even in 2014.