BriefingCard Functionality in the CRM Web UI
This Blog post discusses about Briefing Card functionality in CRM Web UI. In this blog, I will briefly explain the steps that are required to implement this functionality.
When we are using a table view to display data in rows , in some cases customers can also have requirement to display additional data(Details) for that particular row. These details may be residing in another view .
Briefing Card functionality enables us to embed a view within row of a table. When the Expand button is clicked the embedded view is displayed .
An example implementation of Briefing Cards can be seen in Territory Management.
In theTerritory Management Rules AB 2 rows can be seen . You can also see Expand/ Collapse button in the rows.
The 1st Row is now in the expanded state , and we can see additional details regarding the Rules.
The above functionality can be achieved by using briefing cards . You can see the implementation for the same in component MD110FDT_TMGMT
I will explain the steps briefly
Step 1 : Create a table view .
– Just follow the steps as you would do for creating any other Table View.
– Go to the .HTM page of the view and put the confing tags as shown below.
– From the above tags you can cleary make out that we are embedding view ‘CUEXP.FDT_EXP/MainWindow ‘ , in view area ‘DecisionTab’.
This means here you can embed the view which you want to display when the user clicks on the ‘Expand’ button on the rows.
Step 2: Go to the Runtime Repository
– Include the view in the viewset. ( The trick here is that we are treating the view as a viewset)
– Create view area for the view. ( Yes you can do this for a view as well )
– Include the view that you need to embed , into the view area .
Step 3: Handle EH_ONSELECT
– You need to handle Event SELECT and will need a event handler for this. When the user clicks on ‘Expand/ Collapse ‘ Button i.e ‘Open Briefing card/Close Briefing Card’ you need to handle this event.
If your data binding is done correctly , then you may not have to do much here and the briefing card will be functional , with steps 1 and 2 only.
But if you have some complex requirements then you may need to do coding here.
The complexity of the coding in this event handler depends on the overall functionality that you are trying to implement .