Does this sound familiar to you:
“…based on time-based schedulers, resulting in latency, idle time and gaps in critical processes. It took many people with “eyes on screens” watching everything to make sure the billing and payment are correct…..”
Would you like to predict if your background jobs end on time? Imagine the following scenario:
During the evening, in production environment the over-night batch job chains are started.
The IT application manager is already at home. From his mobile device he logon to the company network, and launches the job progress monitor from his mobile device. The app shows him the overall status of the over-night batch chains.
He can easily identify how many jobs are completed already and how many are still in the waiting queue, when the over-night batch job chains can complete and are the key performance indicators required by the business department can be fulfilled or endangered.
The collection manager can easily check the payment job and can post payments as soon as they are received.
The SAP Job Progress Monitor application in SAP Solution Manager provides the following functionalities:
- Group multiple job chains to monitor together
- View overall group progress and job chain progress; drill down to job details
- View the current activity distribution (percentage of active, scheduled, completed, and canceled jobs) within each group or job chain
- View runtimes and estimated and actual end times of job chains
- Send a snapshot of job chain progress by e-mail
- Call a Solution Manager Scheduling Enabler (SMSE)-certified external scheduler such as SAP CPS by Redwood
The application is available for download from the following app stores:
The configuration is explained in chapter two of the setup guide.
Further information on SCN:
Please note that the SAP Job Progress Monitor requires an SMSE-certified external job scheduler like SAP CPS by Redwood and is available as of Support Package 10 of SAP Solution Manager.