SAP HANA: Error Handling feedback using SAP BODS
This document is continuation to the below document:
In this document, I will be focusing on Error Handling feedback using BODS while loading data into SAP HANA
They are multiple ways to support feedback, some of them i have listed below:
1) To show the messages in the “Monitor” screen.
2) To send an email to the support team with error code and message
I will show you the first one i.e to display the messages in “Monitor” screen.
Please find the steps below:
1) Add the following local variables as shown below:
2) Add Try & Catch block along with the “Script” ( where we will be adding the code to get the relevant error messages in the status monitor )
3) Add the following code to the script as mentioned below:
Now we are good. Let us now try executing the job and check the status monitor if we are getting any error messages.
As you see above we are getting the error messages.
Now if we need to send this as an email to the user, you just need to use this Variable Var1 (which we printed ) in SMTP function to configure the emails.
Note: This syntax is relevant to HANA only if you are trying to configure to some other data base then you need to change the SQL syntax.
Hope you enjoyed reading this. Please let me know your feedback on this.