Some interesting facts
Did you know the Support Portal is used every month by half a million SAP customers? About half of those customers use the Support Portal every day and the infrastructure needs to support 5 million knowledge base searches and 1 million downloads a month for starters.
Drum roll please
It is an exciting day for users of the SAP Support Portal. Phase 1 of the new SAP Support Portal is now live!
I am thrilled to be announcing this. The road to a new SAP Support Portal has been filled with unexpected turns, but thanks to the passion of you, our customers, and our project team, we have reached this very important milestone.
You can access the new SAP Support Portal at http://support.sap.com.
**Please note, the Japanese site is expected to become available early in Q2**
The redesign is based on years of customer research and feedback, conducted by the SAP Product Support Customer Experience team. Through close collaboration with customers in interviews, usability studies, and online collaboration activities, we’ve defined and designed a new SAP Support Portal focused on your needs.
Here are some of the highlights you can expect in this Phase 1 delivery:
- Simplified navigation structure
- New homepage
- Logon with an email address
- Clearer, consistent and up-to-date content
- Easier access to applications through ‘tiled’ landing pages
- Better search results
- Unique URL for every HTML page
- No logon required for most content, you can find us on Google!
Got Feedback? Good!
We hope you start utilizing the new SAP Support Portal today, and we look to you for your feedback and suggestions. We want to hear what you think! There are a couple of ways to provide feedback.
- Each HTML page within the SAP Support Portal has a Feedback icon on the right hand side of the page (in green). Please utilize this area to tell us what you like, what you don’t, and provide suggestions and comments.
- If you are interested in getting involved in future activities regarding the SAP SupportPortal, you can contact our Usability team to express your interest. They will notify you when a study becomes available.
- Of course, you can also use the comment area below this blog to let me know what you think. I look forward to it!
Finding your way
For seasoned veterans of the SAP Support Portal as well as newer members, we have developed a tutorial that you can access from the home page at http://support.sap.com
This overlay highlights and describes each of the new areas found on the home page. We are hoping to use this feature when applications are revamped as well.
The Journey Doesn’t Stop Here
Our journey has just begun. Application areas such as software download, user management, and incident wizard will be completely modified, with a focus on your experience as our customer. Personalization is another hot topic that you have brought up, and we agree! How nice would it be to personalize what you want and need to see? Finally, most of the applications (ex. License keys, software download, and Incident creation) are currently running on legacy systems, so when you access an application in the SAP Support Portal, it will ask you to log in. We understand this can be extremely frustrating, and it is something we are aware of and are focused and dedicated on improving for you. In the interim, you can install a browser certificate for your log in. This will help minimize the login pop ups. For information on the browser certificate, please check this link > https://support.sap.com/support-programs-services/about/help-index/passport-help.html
To be continued
I want to personally thank you for your continued support. I look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions on how we can continue to improve your experience.