Tahir Hussain “Bob” Babar from the SAP HANA Academy details how to export datasets from SAP Lumira to a CSV format, to SAP HANA, and to SAP BusineessObjects Explorer.
Exporting to CSV Format:
Bob wants to export a dataset from SAP Lumira to his local drive as a CSV file and shows how to in three steps.
- In the Share tab of the SAP Lumira Cloud desktop Bob selects a dataset on the left hand side and clicks on the Export as a File button.
- A user can toggle on and off whether or not they want to export with filters, export the hidden columns, and export the applicative hidden files. Bob doesn’t select any of the options.
- After hitting the blue Export button the user can choose to save the dataset locally as a CSV file.
Exporting to SAP HANA:
Bobs wants to export a dataset from SAP Lumira into SAP HANA and shows how to in six steps.
- In the Share tab of SAP Lumira desktop Bob selects a dataset on the left hand side and then click on the Publish to SAP HANA Button.
- Bob logs into his SAP HANA System by entering the system’s instance number, user name and password before pressing connect.
- Bob then chooses where he wants to publish the dataset. Bob recommends publishing the data set to a newly created package instead of an existing one. Bob clicks on the new package button on the bottom and renames it My_Lumira_Package.
- Bob then chooses STS as the default schema the dataset will go into.
- Bob then chooses the name of the view that the data will be referenced as. Bob clicks on the new view button with his newly created package selected and then names the view My_Lumira_View.
- Then Bob selects the view and clicks the blue publish button.
In SAP HANA Studio Bob refreshes his content folder to find the new package that contains two views. One is an analytic view named My_Lumira_View and the other is a source attribute view named GEOGRAPHY_CITY. Bob uses data preview to see the raw data of both views.
Exporting to SAP BusinessObjects Explorer:
Bob wants to export his dataset from SAP Lumira to SAP BusinessObjects Explorer and shows how to in three steps.
- In the Share tab of SAP Lumira desktop Bob selects a dataset on the left hand side and then click on the Publish to Explorer Button.
- Bob enters his CMS Server name, user name, and password.
- Bob then selects the Report Samples folder from a list of available, public, and local folders before clicking publish.
Now an information space that contains an XL file with the disconnected data is in Bob’s SAP BusinessObjects Explorer.
Bob’s tutorial video shows how to export datasets from SAP Lumira to a CSV format, to SAP HANA, and to SAP Business Objects Explorer.
View other tutorials on SAP Lumira at the SAP HANA Academy.
SAP HANA Academy – over 500 free tutorial technical videos on using SAP HANA.
SAP HANA Academy