- Check whether ADS is installed on PI Java Stack
2. If it is installed, Configure the communication between PI and ECC
- Download support package ADSSAP07_0-10009589.SCA (SP07for ADOBE DOCUMENT SERVICES 7.31) from SAP support portal.
- Upload SCA file to AS Java server (any temp location).
- Logon to AS Java server console via SSH with <sapsid>adm user.
- Execute telnet localhost <telnet port> and login with administrator of AS Java user (Administrator or similar).
- Execute lsc (refer to SAP Note 1715441)
- Deploy SP07 for ADOBE DOCUMENT SERVICES 7.31
(refer to http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(JSTSG)(Telnet)DeployController+Commands?original_fqdn=wiki.sdn.sap.com)
deploy /tmp/ADSSAP07_0-10009589.SCA on_deploy_error=stop
Note: during deployment of ADSSAP component AS Java server instance is restarted.
- telnet localhost <telnet port> and login with administrator of AS Java user to re-connect to Deploy ControllerTelnet.
- Execute get_result to view results of deployment.
- Open http://<AS Java hostname>:<port>/monitoring/ComponentInfo and verify that ADSSAP is listed under System information: Components Info.
are running on an AS Java (PI) and form processing is performed in an ABAP (ECC) environment, we have to configure the communication
between the Form Processing Framework running on AS ABAP and the ADS running on
- Log on to the ABAP system, call transaction SM59,and select ‘ADS’ from ‘HTTP connection to ext. server’.
- Specify the server name and http port number of the additional stand-alone AS Java.
- You also need to update the corresponding user and password information on the ‘Logon/Security’ tab.
corresponding role SAP_BC_FP_ICF and SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF exist in AS ABAP. If this
user does not exist, create it according to the steps in ADS Configuration
When you do connection test for ADS destination in SM59 the result can be “HTTP
response: (405) Method not allowed”. This is normal.
5. Open transaction SICF.
6. Choose default_host → sap → bc → fp in the tree.
7.Choose Service/Virt.Host → Activate
8. If AS ABAP and AS Java (with ADS) are installed in different systems, and you want to bundle your forms to
improve performance, you also have to activate the fpads ICFservice.
AS Java configuration:
- Log on to the NetWeaver Administrator of your additional standalone AS Java.
- Select Server -> Service -> destination -> HTTP.
- Create an entry ‘FP_ICF_DATA_<SID>’, where <SID> is the ABAP backend System ID.
- Enter the ABAP HTTP port (http://<servername>:<port>) in the ‘URL’ field.
- Enter the user ‘ADS_AGENT’ in the User name field, and the corresponding password of ABAP backend system.
- Save your entries.
you do ping test for the destination the result can be “Error 404: Not found”.
This is normal.
As Java configuration for WebDynpro Application:
1. Log on to the NetWeaver Administrator of your additional standalone AS Java.
2. Select SOA Management -> Technical Configuration -> Destination Template
4. Select’Create Destination’ and Enter following entry:
5. Destination Type: WSIL
6. Destination Name: ConfigPort_Document
7. URL:http://<standalone AS Java server name>:<http port>/inspection.wsil
9. Select Authentication ‘HTTP Authentication’ and ‘User ID/Password (Basic)’
10. Select ‘Details’ and enter the user ADSUser and the corresponding password.
Testing ADS Configuration:
· Checking ADS Configuration in an ABAP Environment
1. Log on to the AS ABAP system.
2. Start the transaction SA38.
3. Enter the program name FP_TEST_00.
4. Choose Program Execute (F8)
5. Make sure, that the following default values are entered in the respective fields:
o ADS Connection:
ADS or the RFC Destination name specified in your system (if it does not
correspond to the default entry)
6. Choose Program Execute (F8)
7. Enter the Output Device.
8. Choose Print Preview.
9. If the system displays a form containing several lines on two pages, the ADS configuration is correct. Otherwise, perform the
tests described below.
· Checking the ABAP Connection to ADS
- Log on to your SAP system.
- Start the transaction SA38.
- Enter the name of the test report FP_PDF_TEST_00.
- Enter the name of the connection. Enter the default name ADS, or, if you have specified another name, the one you are using in your system.
- Choose Execute (F8).
- If the configuration is correct, the system displays the version number of the Adobe Document Services.
· Checking the Destination Service and the ICF Service
- Log on to your SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP system.
- Call transaction SA38.
- Enter the name of the test report
- Execute the test without choosing the option With
- The system renders a test form in the background
without using the destination service and displays the size of the created PDF.
- Execute the test again. Now select the option With
- If the settings of the destination service are
correct, the system displays the same message as before (see step 5).
Note: Please refer to SAP Note 944221 for Adobe Document Services troubleshooting.