The master data is only read during order creation and during execution the master data re-reading function.
That’s why it is necessary to use this functionality, in case of changing something in the BOM or in the routing after the order had been created. The date, which is used to read the master data is the explosion date, listed on tab ‘Master data’ in CO01/02/03.
It is important, that this date needs to be after the date of changing the BOM/routing!
Let’s see first a very short example:
Date of order creation: 01.03.2014
Date of changing the BOM/routing: 10.03.2014
In this case, if the master data is reread with 01.03.2014, the changes will be not taken over. You have to modify the date of rereading to 10.03.2014.
Let’s see now a longer example with screenshots:
1. I’ve created a production order of material MITYU_TEST1 with quantity 1.
The starting BOM:
The relating production order (date of creation: 04.03.2014)
2. Change component quantity of MITYU_TESTRAW in BOM from 15 G to 100 G.
(If we check now the previously created production order in CO03, the component quantities remained unchanged.)
3. Call transaction CO02, choose the previously created order, Menu path -> Functions -> Read PP Master Data
We can see, that the quantity of MITYU_TESTRAW had changed to 100 G.
Important to know:
- this function is only available until no action had been done on the order, which means, the order had not been confirmed yet and there had not been any goods movements
- if the order had the status REL (released), after re-reading the master data it gets status CRTD (created) – and even status REL (released), if in OPKP the automatic release on creation is set
- during the planned order conversion, the BOM is not exploded automatically, if you want to make it happen, please refer to note 391846