I’m delighted to be able to announce that SAP Lumira Server 1.15 is now available to licensed customers. The Lumira Server product installers are available in Service Marketplace’s Software Download Center under Installations and Upgrades > A-Z Index > L > SAP Lumira Server. The server product requires HANA revision 70+. The support component for reporting issues is BI-LUM-SRV.
This Lumira Server 1.15 release has an initially limited scope, when compared to today’s Lumira Cloud experience (as a point of reference). But – trust me – this will rapidly change! Currently, Lumira Server 1.15 does not yet include any of the browser-based data exploration or chart building that has appeared in earlier validation releases of Lumira Server.
This means that the major end-to-end workflows that are supported this version are restricted to the following use-cases:
- As a user of Lumira Server, I can log on to the Lumira Server Launchpad with my web browser and view whichever “stories” have been shared with me.
- Log on to the Lumira Server Launchpad and share those stories (and the datasets they depend upon) with other users of Lumira Server.
- As a user of Mobi, I can log on to Lumira Server from my device and view whichever “stories” have been shared with me.
This means that the Desktop product is still “route one” as the entry-point for authoring new Lumira content into the suite: The creation and enrichment of datasets, creation of visualizations, the composition of those charts into “stories” (AKA storyboards) – these activities all happen on the Desktop-installed product, so that I can then publish these artifacts to Lumira Server for wider consumption by the enterprise.
I’d recommend taking a look at this FAQ page SAP Lumira Server Frequently Ask Questions to understand a bit more about the technical prerequisites, licensing requirements and product positioning. You can now also find the Guides and Documentation in the usual Help Guide portal:
- The user guide can be found here: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lumS115_user_en.pdf
- Sizing Guidelines can be found on this direct link: Lumira Sizing Guide
- The Installation guide can be found here: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lumS115_install_en.pdf
For companies who are genuinely interested and want to start the next steps with us, please join our movement by way of this registration process SAP Lumira’s Momentum Grows – Join the BI Design Council, and Co-Innovate with us!
I can happily share with you that our internal goal is that the user-experience across the entire Lumira suite will be significantly enhanced & harmonized in the next few SP releases. Not only will this mean the usual incremental changes (i.e. ‘quality releases’), but I’m really excited about the planned usability improvements.
This’ll include feature-parity throughout, including the return of browser-based data exploration, chart building, and storyboard design from the Lumira Server web-launchpad itself.
Keep watching Lumira grow & stay plugged-in!