What kind of manufacturer would Charles and David Koch, two of the wealthiest and respected businessmen in the world, pay twice the value of comparable deals in their largest acquisition in 8 years? A company such as Molex with a culture of continuous innovation and responsive manufacturing operations to some of the worlds most demanding brands.
For this they turned to Neoris (@neoris), a leading IT consulting firm specializing in transforming manufacturing operations through innovative use of SAP’s Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence solution including one customer with a single 43 feet wide x 6 feet high wall providing real-time view of the entire operation (video here).
- Increase manufacturing productivity and efficiency
- Increase asset utilizations and decrease downtimes
- Visibility of real-time manufacturing assets status and performance
- Replace unsupported homegrown systems
- Provide a unique role-specific interfaces for operators on the shop-floor
- SAP ERP interfacing (work orders/confirmations)
- Collect and use actual machine data (good pieces/scrap/downtimes/reason for downtimes)
- Present machine status using real-time data
- Display machine/tool workload/planning/scheduling
- Capable to perform downtime/scrap analysis
- Connectivity with other systems such as process historians, etc.
- Run performance analysis (Machine, work center, tool, departments, plant-wide, OEE – performance, availability, quality)
- Increased flow of productions orders through manufacturing (productivity)
- Real-time reporting of production run information through the plant level analytics
- Scraps/rejects/downtimes reporting for further analysis and elmination
- Simplified interface (reduction in training)
- Continued plant operations during ERP downtimes
Hear Guillermo describe these business successes on free webinar replay (here).
See SAP’s Manufacturing Solutions – www.sap.com/manufacturing