We would like to inform you about the following offerings by IBM for the SAP on IBM i community. They will take place in the United States and Germany, but the presentations will be given in English language and are open to anyone around the world who is interested.
SAP on IBM i Summit Customer Event (May 15th-16th in Rochester, MN)
The first ever SAP on IBM i Summit customer event will be held on May 15th and 16th in Rochester, MN. The event is exclusively focused on those customers that run SAP workloads on IBM and will include topics such as:
- IBM i 7.2 and POWER8 announcements
- IBM i and DB2 for i enhancements for SAP
- SAP strategy and roadmap for IBM i
- Leveraging advanced DB2 for i technology for SAP workloads
- Eliminating downtime for SAP Software Update Manager functions
- DB2 for i optimization and administration with SAP
- Integration of PowerHA into SAP resiliency solutions
- Leveraging the SAP on IBM i Center of Excellence
Speakers include SAP on IBM i experts, including developers and experts from the IBM i Development Lab in Rochester and from the SAP on IBM i Porting Team in Germany.
Business partners and IBMers are welcome to attend along with their clients. There is no cost for attending the event.
For more information and to register, please go to the following website: http://www.ibm.com/partnerworld/page/stg_com_sys_ibmi-sap-summit.
SAP on IBM i Database Education (April 1st-4th and April 8th-11th in Rochester, MN)
Two upcoming SAP on IBM i classes have been scheduled that you might be interested in. Both classes will be held in Rochester, MN.
The first class is scheduled for April 1st to 4th and is SAP NetWeaver on IBM i: Database Administration. This is exact same class as SAP’s ADM525 course and is part of SAP’s NetWeaver administrator curriculum. The IBM course code is DB2iSAPADM.
The second class is scheduled for April 8th to 11th and is SAP on IBM i DB2 Optimization. This course focuses on optimizing and tuning DB2 for IBM i for SAP workloads. The course code is SQLOPTSAPoni.
You can register for both workshops at http://www.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/support/workshops/enrollment/form.html (select the workshop from the drop-down list on top of the screen under “Workshop summary” and then select “Enroll Now”).
DB2 – SAP on i Technical Forum (April 28th-30th in Frankfurt, Germany)
This technical education class for customers and IBM Business Partners is primarily focused on SAP on i System Administrators and Basis Consultants and will explain how to position and optimize the performance of an SAP on i implementation in comparison to other databases. It will include topics such as:
- Overview of generic database storage, access and processing problems and solutions
- Overview of specific database management systems
- Why the entire stack matters – or: Why moving to a new DBMS means moving to a new stack
- Best Practices for SAP on i
- Best Practices for DB2 for
- iTools, techniques and next steps for proactive and reactive analysis and tuning
This class has a more technical focus and is different to the Rochester Summit Event (May 15th to 16th) which
provides a strategic positioning and roadmap for SAP on i customers.
Speakers are developers and experts from the IBM i Development Lab in Rochester.
Attendance fee: 2,500 €.
For more information and to register, please go to the following website: http://www.cancom.de/cn-713–ci-712–DE-WFS-de_DE-EUR.html?aid=754. Please note that the website is only available in German, even though the presentations are given in English. If you do not speak German but need more information or want to register, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.