Mandatory Ecuador Compliance for e-Invoicing in 2014-2015
Mandatory Ecuador Compliance with Factura Electrónica approaching. Is your enterprise ready?
Ecuador is joining the ranks of mandatory compliance in LATAM via Resolution NAC- DGERCGC13 – 00236 for mandatory integration of Electronic Invoicing or Factura Electrónica.
Here is a summary of the type of transaction documents and industries affected:
Types of documents
- Withholding Receipts
- Bill of Lading (Remisión)
- Credit Notes
- Debit Notes
There are four deadlines currently in place per SRI (Tax entity of Ecuador):
- June 1st, 2014 – Financial institutions (except insurers) and credit card issuers
- August 1st, 2014 – Broadcasting stations and credit card administrators
Telecommunications and pay TV entities special contributors per the SRI
- October 1st, 2014 – Exporters special contributors per the SRI
- January 1st, 2015 – Other special contributors per the SRI not mentioned in the above three groups.
Plus those with permission to print documents or receipts using computerized systems;
Taxpayers who sell through the Internet;
Those engaged in export.
The mandate is required only for transactions that support tax credit of Value Added Tax.
As change becomes a constant in the region’s compliance, work with a partner who can sustain a multi-national global direction within SAP’s roadmap for best ROI and without sacrificing innovation adoption by providing a full solution and services for SAP’s solution framework for e-Invoicing.