CfP for Researchers: SAP HANA, Business Suite on HANA and other SAP products accessible through HPI Future SOC Lab
The Hasso-PIattner-Institute Future Service Oriented Computing (SOC) Lab offers researchers free of charge access to a powerful infrastructure to conduct their research activities.
Over 175 research projects were supported by our lab since it was launched together with EMC, Fujitsu, HP, and SAP in 2010.
Highlights of our offerings include:
- A 1000 Core compute cluster comprising 25 nodes of 40 cores and 1TB RAM each,
- HP Converged Cloud (32 blades à 12 Cores and à 64 GB RAM) private cloud solution,
- Server systems with up to 64 cores and 2 TB of main memory,
- GPU Computing system (latest NVIDIA Tesla K20X and Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors)
- SAP HANA (SPS7), Suite on HANA, and BW on HANA.
Topics of interest for the HPI Future SOC Lab include but are not limited to:
- Service-oriented computing (SOC) and efficient management of concurrency and memory,
- Cloud Computing for engineering and hosting distributed applications,
- New applications exploring new ways of data processing, such as in-memory technology,
- Multicore architectures / GPU,
- Hybrid Computing,
- On-demand delivery models for business applications.
Researchers can apply to gain access to this infrastructure by submitting project proposals. Project proposals are reviewed and approved by a Steering Committee which is led by the head of HPI, Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel, and which comprises representatives from HPI and the industrial partners, EMC, Fujitsu, HP, and SAP.
All proposals must be submitted by March 21, 2014.
The Steering Committee decisions will be announced as part of the Future SOC Lab Day on April 09, 2014.
Projects are approved for the length of one FSOC Lab period, which starts April 09 and is approximately six months long. Proposals for follow-up projects can be submitted in subsequent call for projects, with the next one being published in fall 2014.
Here you find more details about Projects at HPI Future SOC Lab.
More information on how to apply can be found on this page.
Furthermore you are invited to attend to the HPI Future SOC Lab Day on Apil 09th in which researchers present and discuss the results of their projects.The agenda and registration details of this conference will be made available on our website soon.