How to Create EDI Schema/XSD in SAP PO
Why This Blog?
I am currently in a project which uses SAP PO 7.4. While new to this version of SAP PI, I had learnt that we can now generate the xsd schema for the EDI version needed easily with the use of Integration cockpit. The procedure to create the same is simple and to illustrate the same I am writing this Blog.
Scope and context
The content of this document is based on experience with several schema I created on a SAP PO 7.4.
Procedure to create XSD’s
- Log on to B2B Integration cockpit.” “
- Select EDI Content Manager
- Once you are in the EDI Content Manager you will see multiple tabs as “Edifact”, “EANCOM”, Ansi X12″ and so on.
- Select the tab that is appropriate to you will see a dropdown
- Select XSD-Generator from this dropdown.
- You will be redirected to the xsd generator page. Select the EDI set (the edi type) and the version you want the xsd for and click on Start.
That is it. you now have the XSD schema you need.
There are various EDI messages for different business use. To learn more on EDI please check the linkEDI-ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE – Process Integration – SCN Wiki
Learn more –