Blog It Forward – Srivatsava Janaswamy
Hey All !!!
I was blogged forward by Vatsav (yeah. that’s me!).
I so wanted to be part of Blog It Forward Community Challenge for so long but I was not marked in anyone’s BIF but I waited for someone to BIF me. But, that’s OK. I know the reason why it didn’t happen though. It’s probably due to my poor levels of interaction with community, I can say that at least! 😏
Don’t worry. Start of the blog may not be good but I can assure you that ending will be gooooood. 😉
You will know about me for sure!
(As you already know by now) My name’s Srivatsava Janaswamy. I hail from one of the most religiously diverse nations in this world, India.
May not be “the best” introduction ever but please do bear with me on this. 😛
Even now, I started writing this blog with the motivation of Suseelan Hari. Thank you so much once again.
- Where am I from?
I was born at a place called “Vijayawada” which is most famous for a river called “Krishna”. Here goes one beautiful view of the same. I completed education till +12 from this place.
- Graduation details
- I did my Bachelor of Technology degree from a Yanam college affiliated to Pondicherry University.
- During my college days, I was so active that I tried my hand on anything that I could get hold of. Such was the case like whatever I do, I secured some prize.
- We friends acted in a drama (comedy) in my 1st year of college for which I don’t have any pic with me right now ( 🙁 ) received huge acclamation and we all got recognized by then. People started asking me if the same team’s gonna perform in 2nd year as well. I said No from my side because I didn’t want to get projected in that angle. I am a guy who wants to explore possibilities.
- In the very next year, I participated in a national level technical symposium showcasing a mini project I developed. Secured 1st prize. 😎 I was totally happy with what was going on around me.
- In the very next year, I called some friends and said “Let’s make a short movie”. We crafted out a script and searched for locations and got an amazing one (large area of land with Half water, Half sand) . You can see a snap from the same, below. Secured 2nd prize in a national level short film festival conducted by a reputed institution.
- Basic problem is I get bored if I don’t do funky stuff. Then came my final year. I developed an Online Alumni System (final yr.project) for my college and got “The Best Project” award at the end of my Graduation.
- How a guy like me ended up with SAP?
- Unlike what most of them say, I didn’t choose SAP rather SAP chose me! This is something that really happened with me.
- Yeah. That’s true. When I got the job in my first company as a fresher, skills were assigned randomly and I got SAP. 😀
- From then, I was totally into SAP Cloud area and it’s been around 3.5yrs now. My job here is to “Learn. Learn. Learn”. New stuff daily. Lot to learn. What Can I say? I have all my happiness here in this domain! 🙂
- I do lot of self explorations even in my job and received lot of internal awards till now. All this because of support from people like you who helped me at the right time.
- SCN Life: How I used to be?
- With my profile stats, you might think I am new to SCN but not really. This is actually my second SCN account and I am already in plans to merge with my first account sometime later when Account merging tool by SCN team gets ready! So, from my old account, you will get to know that I rarely use it to login into SCN.
- This is because, I noticed that whenever I answered something correctly, people say ThankYou. I feel like What the heck? Gimme my points. I needed points! I wasn’t sure whether most of the people if they knew how to use SCN or not. I took a break (unfortunately, a long one)
- SCN Life: How I am, now?
- After a long break, when I made a re-entry into SCN, I was shocked to see a huge increase in the number of people. New rules. Lot of moderators. I was like “woooooo! Is this really a social community ???” So, I thought of giving a shot.
- I may be part of several groups but, all my focus is concentrated on one group always, SAP Business Cloud and it’s subspace. You can see me replying to every thread there.
- Through a contact whom I follow, I got to know about Coffee Corner(Amazing group). I started digging SCN content from this point. It took more than a week. All I was doing was reading SCN threads in lot of groups and understanding how people are behaving.
- Then I realized that all these people here (like moderators, guys who top charts etc..) were not really here for points! They find pleasure in helping people. Then, my mindset changed a lot.
- Best example can be the reason why I am writing this blog. Suseelan Hari has in fact no need to ask me to write BIF. But, why did he do that? Isn’t this enough to say that I am thinking about SCN in a right way?
- In my perspective, SCN is far better than any other social community out there because moderators strive here to maintain this with quality content always. Moreover, it’s not like Where’s the question? And here’s my answer! style which all other forums follow. I see strong relationships being developed here! SCN Admins bring up something always to make people active as a part of their gamification!
- Nowadays, when there’s a way to help, I am just replying with what I know to see if that helps in some way! I spend my time mostly in SCN now.
- There are lot of people who led me in this way. It’s really hard to name all here but a big thank you to all. 🙂
- SCN memory that I will cherish forever. Snap with Mark Finnern at TechEd 2013, Bangalore.
That’s all for now!
I would like to blog it forward to Sathianarayanan Hari Alessandro Iannacci Horst Schaude Vinodkumar Kommineni with the following questions:
- What makes you think SCN is different? And in what way?
- What’s your favorite place? Would you like to have it as your work place or just for vacation? 😛
- How do you see yourself being in SAP Technology?
Last but not least, I thank xMoshe Naveh (Old Acct) for introducing this great idea!
Hi Vastav (Real),
Welcome to BIF family. Impressed with your achievements during your graduation. great stuff. 🙂
You should post link to that film/movie video.
I thought of posting the link but it is in my regional language (Telugu). So, didn't do that.
Anyways, here you go 🙂
<<< Video Removed by Vatsav >>>
Thanks for mentioning about myself. I am happy to see your achievements and acting in dramas during schooling time. SCN is great platform to learn and update technical & functional knowledge. Keep posting new updates which will help each and every one in our community. I request you to remove you tube movie video because SCN is very professional website. It's not like face book or any other social network. Whenever you send any comments, please don't use capital letters, unnecessary pictures, unnecessary movie video. We will try to keep our SCN clean and successful. Moderators are running behind this to keep our SCN community clean. We will join our hand together and try to help our Moderator's job. All the best.
Thanks for going through. That is one of the reasons why I didn't post in my BIF. 🙂
All done now. I've removed video and caps and will maintain the same in all my future posts.
That's fantastic. I appreciate.
Keep it up !
If you see any one of them updating unnecessary, I request you to inform them too.
"We will try to keep our SCN clean and neat"
Good to know about you,and I am from the other side of the bridge you posted in 1st pic 😉 . You will know more from my blog.
Thanks for BIFing me and looking forward to blog it soon.
The short film is good 🙂 and I was also at Teched 2013 in Bengaluru!!
Good to know.
I will be looking forward to meet you in person. 🙂
Welcome to BIF family....
Nice to know about you.....
I like this option...
"Best example can be the reason why I am writing this blog. Suseelan Hari has in fact no need to ask me to write BIF. But, why did he do that? Isn't this enough to say that I am thinking about SCN in a right way?"
No doubt about him...
Hehehe..yeah he does that always.
I've seen him motivating lot of people here..
People like him should be there or else guys like me will never get a push...
I've informed a group (where I am mostly active) through a blog with all the good advises he gave which I didn't even think of doing till yesterday with a hope that it helps maintaining the group and it's subspace without repetitive posts which basically avoids junk. 😛
Same story with many people with different different field.. 😛
Liked it. 🙂
Nice BIF .....welcome to the BIF Family.....
Thank you. 🙂
Nice blog and good to know about you 🙂
Welcome to BIF community 🙂
Glad to know about you. View of Krishna river is astonishing.
Wish you all the best.
Thank you. 🙂
Good BIF. Though I know you for past 3.5 years, still this BIF revealed some information about you which I didn't know 🙂 I.e. You acted in a Drama, Short Film, The Best Project award 🙂
You didn't give me credit for that pic I took (with Mark Finnern) 😉 . But thanks a lot for introducing me to the BIF family 😀 . I am looking forward to blog soon 😎 .
Keep up your great work in SCN 🙂
Yeah. You took it anyway (credit). 😛
You are most welcome. I am eagerly waiting for your blog.
Good One 🙂