This document explains how to add text on Employee self-services Welcome page.
To achieve this we need to copy the below configurations into Z name space and customize them as shown in the below steps.
a. Component configuration FPM_OVP_COMPONENT -> HRESS_CC_MENU_OVP .
b. Webdynpro application configuration HRESS_A_MENU–> HRESS_AC_MENU.
Configuration in SE80 T-Code:
1. COPY THE APPLICATION CONFIGURATION ‘HRESS_AC_MENU’ INTO ZHRESS_AC_MENU:
1. Go to transaction SE80 and open WD. component FPM_OVP_COMPONENT and locate the application HRESS_A_MENU and its configuration HRESS_AC_MENU as shown below.
2. Double click on configuration HRESS_AC_MENU and choose Start Configurator, which opens the configuration in a browser as shown below.
3. Now choose COPY button available on toolbar and provide target configuration name as ZHRESS_AC_MENU’ and click OK as shown below:
4. Now navigate to the component configuration HRESS_CC_MENU_OVP under WD. Component FPM_OVP_COMPONENT and copy HRESS_CC_MENU_OVP as ZHRESS_CC_MENU_OVP by clicking Start Configurator.
6. Now choose COPY button available on toolbar and provide target configuration name as ‘ZHRESS_CC_MENU_OVP’ and click OK as shown below:
CREATE STANDARD TEXT IN SO10
1. Go to transaction code SO10 and create standard text with name ‘ZWORD’.
2. Press the create button, enter the desired and save it.
CREATE CUSTOM WEBDYNPRO COMPONENT ZWORD_DOCUMENT_TEXT:
1. Navigate to the view and add the context node, and add the attribute to it with type string.
2. Add ‘Formatted textview’ element and check the property ‘WRAPPING TEXT’ and assign attribute ‘WORD’ to property ‘TEXT’ and context node ‘LONGTEXT’ to property ‘dataSource’ of UI element.
3. Get the text from standard text ‘ZWORD’ by using standard FM READ_TEXT and method CREATE_FROM_SAPSCRIPT of class CL_WD_FORMATTED_TEXT.
CONFIGURING COMPONENT CONFIGURATION ZHRESS_CC_MENU_OVP:
1. Locate the Component configuration ZHRESS_CC_MENU_OVP_HELP and open it in change mode and click on overview page
Scheme and expand the section SECTION_1.
2. Select the section SECTION_1 and select ADD UIBB button.
3. For new UIBB enter component ‘ZWORD_DOCUMENT_TEXT’ and window ‘ZWORD_DOCUMENT_TEXT’ names which is create above.
CONFIGURING APPLICATION CONFIGURATION ZHRESS_AC_MENU
1. Open the application configuration in change mode
By default the configuration is mapped to HRESS_CC_MENU_OVP which is standard, now change it to the configuration name ZHRESS_CC_MENU_OVP by clicking on ‘Assign configuration Name’ as shown in below screenshot.
CONFIGURATION IN PORTAL :
To reflect the ESS Welcome page in portal
in Content Administration -> Overview iview
change the configuration name property with ‘ZHRESS_AC_MENU’