All Agentry Android users,
As a proactive effort by SAP to make it known to our beloved customers, we are adding important notes on an issue and the available fix for Agentry users/designers. We thank all customers who have forwarded this issue to us for us to take action on it.
If you are one of the designers who:
- Experience an Agentry Android crash with: Unfortunately, the process com.syclo.agentry.client.android has stopped
- Likes to use detail screens with multiple tiles
- Likes to display the object list when an Add occurs on the same screen
- Uses the Android Keyboard function to enter data
This message is for you.
All the full details and notes of the symptoms, environment, cause and resolution is documented in:
http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1984342 – Agentry Android client crash when using keyboard pop up – com.syclo.agentry.client.android has stopped.
*You may need your SAP S number (or login to the Service Market Place) to get the details of the full document
- The Android keyboard when not properly exited by the user during data entry while pressing the Finish or action button right away causes the system to exit
- The add transaction is trying to add an object in the collection but due to the keyboard was not properly exited, it tries to add a null that causes the crash
Resolution: The Agentry Android code was fixed to support this use case in Agentry client version 22.214.171.124 (hot patch released on February 17, 2014) or 6.0.40 (targeted end of March).
The hot patch is available to whoever needs it. You may try to download it.
AGS Senior Product Support Engineer
Please pass on to people who are in production or development using Agentry Android client as this could impact them during deployment or demoing to customers.