Mid-term supply chain planning for third party orders considering forecasting capabilities and finite capacities at the supplier.
A) Process of Third Party Order Planning:
1) Sales Order processing with TAS item category
2) Automatic creation third party purchase requisition (Blocked in ECC)
3) Blocked Purchase requisition CIFed to ECC
4) This purchase requisition creates demand at vendor location, this demand at vendor location consumes forecast at DC
5) CTM planning run generates supplies at vendor location (recommended constraint is Supplier capacity)
6) Third Party demand and supply comparison report is available to release the blocked TP purchase requisition back to ECC
7) Upon release of TP Purchase requisition to ECC, system will unblock the purchase requisition
8) Purchase order can be created referencing to TP purchase requisition
B) Business Functions to be activated
1) SCM APO: SCM_APO_DRS_PLAN
2) ECC: LOG_MM_OM_2
C) ECC Customizing
1) Schedule line category D1 needs to marked for external capacity planning and needs to be assigned to TAS item category
D) APO Customizing
1) Planning Strategy 21 (similar to 20)
The only difference is category group. Category group (K04) assigned to 21 strategy has “DG”, “DF” and “DM” ATP category in addition to what strategy 20 has.
This is to facilitate forecast consumption by Third Party Purchase requisition.
Strategy 21 becomes available in APO after activating business function.
E) Master data in ECC and APO:
1) In the Material Master on tab “Sales: sales org. 2”, the “Item Category Group” needs to be maintained with the new Item category group “TAS”
2) Source list in ECC
3) Subcontracting info record in ECC ( In case you have subcontracting scenario, If you have standard purchasing then it’s not needed)
4) Product at vendor location in APO
5) PDS at vendor location in APO ( In case you have subcontracting scenario, If you have standard purchasing then it’s not needed)
6) Planning Strategy 21 in product location in APO
F) Transactional Process
1) Sales Order creation
Sales Order with TAS item category. This creates automatic TP purchase requisition in ECC. This Purchase requisition is blocked in ECC and won’t be available to convert to PO unless released by APO.
2) Forecast for a product at DC
TP Purchase requisition gets CIFed from ECC to APO. These TP Purchase requisitions create demand at vendor location and consumes forecast at DC location.
3) CTM Run
CTM creates SNP Planned order at vendor location, based on supplier capacity.
4) Release the confirmed TP Purchase requisitions to ECC
This unblocks ECC purchase requisition. These unblocked TP Purchase requisitions changes ATP categories in APO and becomes TP:PL-O(F) and TP-PR(fix)
5) Now, in ECC TP PR can be converted to PO.