UWL Refresh is not Instantaneous in 7.3 Portal
So I am writing a blog for the first time here on SDN regarding one issue that we faced during our project.
UWL fetching workitems from HCM , SRM and other systems in NW 7.3 Portal, sometimes works instantaneous and sometimes not.
This was the peculiar behaviour, when sometimes the workitems disappear post approval/rejection by approver, while sometimes it will not do so and demand manual refresh.
UWL feature on portal uses a remote call from ABAP system to the Java system. In SAP Netweaver, this call used to be performed by JCO RFC Provider.
However in new versions- 7.1 and above, this remote call uses JRA.
In our case, both of these were activated, as the portal was upgraded from 7.0 to 7.3, that is why both meathods were used via round robin fashion.
Since now we were on 7.3, the JRA remote call used to succeed while the old JCO provider call used to fail.
This would mean that some executions of the remote call pass and some fail.
The old connection based on JCO RFC Provider needs to be stopped and better removed.
following is the procedure to do so:
1. Go to SAP NetWeaver Administrator via http://<hostname>:<port>/nwa
2. Go to Configuration -> Connectivity -> JCo RFC Provider
3. Select the line with Program ID <portal_hostname>_<SID>_<instance_number>$<UWL_connector_name> and Remove it
4. Go to SAP Netweaver Portal via http://<hostname>:<port>/irj
5. Go to System Administration -> System Configuration -> Universal Worklist & Workflow
6. Select the corresponding UWL connector, press the Edit button
7. Without doing any changes to the connector settings, press the Save button
|Software Component UWLJWF |
| Release 7.30 All Support Package Levels
| Release 7.31 All Support Package Levels
| Release 7.40 All Support Package Levels
| Release 7.20 All Support Package Levels
Feedbacks are welcome…