It is with a great pleasure to share that the first ever “Design Thinking Tour with SAP” was successfully organized throughout March 2014. This program provided experience of Design Thinking approach targeting talented young students in Korea, while the program maximized the SAP brand exposure by operating branded bus in downtown area & university area in Seoul & Busan, Korea.
We are capturing the highlights of the event for your reference :
· 3 Design Thinking Tour with 100 students from 40 universities: The program provided opportunities for 100 college students from 40 universities to experience 1 day Design Thinking process to solve real problems. There were 3 workshops in Gangnam, Dongdaemoon (Seoul) and Jagalchi fish market (Busan), and each session had +30 students with various background. Students were given the topic of improving tourists’ experience and took empathy, define, ideate, prototype and test process with real visitors, shop owners, and vendors there.
· “Spot The Design Thinking Tour” event captured interests from general public : Branded bus was driving downtown area, university districts in Seoul and Busan throughout 1 month in March 2014. Not only the bus maximized the brand exposure toward general public, but also “Spot The Design Thinking Bus” event at the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/designthinkingtourwithsap) generated active participation from the general public.
· 38 media coverage on the Design Thinking Tour: The program generated 38 media coverage including 7 TV coverage and special feature on “Design Thinking Tour” from ZDNet. Especially Christopher Han’s interview with MTN “The Leader” recorded top viewers rate during the airing time, among all business TV channels in Korea. Below is link to the 7 TV coverage for your reference.
– SAP Korea Improves Creative Thinking with a Design Thinking Tour (00:31) <2014.02.11>
– The First Design Thinking Tour with SAP in Korea (00:31) 2014.02.25
– Design Thinking Tour with SAP’s Second Tour Progresses in Busan (00:31) 2014.03.04
– Design Thinking Tour with SAP’s Third Tour Progresses in DDP (00:31) 2014.03.10
– [MTN – The Leader] Dr. Christopher Han, Chief Innovation Officer of SAP Korea (28:33) 2014.03.25
– SAP Contributes to Spread of Creative Economy with ‘Design Thinking Tour’ (02:20) 2014.03.27
· 99% students responded “I would like to join the same program again”: The survey after the program showed “very positive” feedback from attended students. Almost 100% students expressed high-level satisfaction and responded their willingness to join the similar program again. They also responded that now they recognize SAP as the most admired company and best workplace to work for. After joining the program, some students organized “Design Thinking Study Group” to maintain relationship with participants and expand their knowledge on Design Thinking.
· Best-ever ROI: Surprisingly the whole activity cost 13k Euro only owing to great partnership with MTN, who owns the bus and has experience of bus tour. Considering all the success mentioned above, it was one of the most productive outcome with limited budget and resources.
· Share the video with your friends : Share this fun & unique experience with your colleagues and friends. You can see some best part of the tour by simply clicking http://youtu.be/QsTSOmcl4LE
We would like to extend a warm thank you to the supporters and volunteers– Program sponsor (Global Corporate Affairs team), Program advisors (Won Joon Hyung, Jackie Jeong and Korea Marketing team), Program organizer (Su Jin Lim, Se Won Yeu, Na Kyung Seo, Soo Bin Cho), Volunteer mentors (Chan Youn Cho, Hyun Ju Lee, Na Ah Yoon, Mi Jung Lee), Volunteer bus designer (Min Jeong Cho, In Soo Lee) and 100 hoodies for students (SAP University Alliance team)