SAP HANA Roadmap for Business System
SAP IT is one of SAP’s best customers. In this document, you will learn how SAP is planning a SAP HANA Roadmap for the internal business systems. Starting point for the SAP HANA Roadmap are basic agreed guidelines.
- SAP HANA is main stream and the default DB for real time SAP Business Systems
- SAP ASE is the secondary database for systems were HANA does not fit
- SAP HANA is available as a platform, core business systems are on latest release on HANA
- Business case drives HANA adoption
- Infrastructure DB plan migrates all business systems over time to SAP HANA / SAP ASE (TCO aware)
- Do not migrate in case of planned system retirement or switch to the cloud (“don’t ride a dead horse”)
These guidelines may not apply for your company. Roadmap principles have to be derived from the individual corporate & IT strategy.
The actual road map is then developed in three steps:
1) Business Plan
Principle: Migrate first systems for Value Scenarios on HANA
Business process driven demand per LoB
- Efficiency driven demand per LoB
- Productive co/Innovation and value scenarios
2) Infrastructure Evolution Plan
- The SAP HANA migration shall be scheduled when significant planned infrastructure changes for hardware (e.g. HDB-re-invest)
and software (e.g. major OS upgrade) apply.
- No Migration just for the sake of migration (TCO awareness)
3) Business Roadmap
For the final Business System Roadmap the 1) Business Plan and 2) Infrastructure Evolution Plan have to be alliged with the Change Advisory Board, internal and external release schedule and finally with the HANA product availability matrix (PAM) – well the application should be released for HANA.
The result is a migration plan which maximizes the benefit and brings all business systems over time to SAP HANA.