I would like to share my knowledge, which I gained from SIT (SAP Inside Track), 2014. Before getting started with a particular topic, I would like to share my experience on SIT, which was conducted in Hyderabad. It was a great pleasure for me to be a part of SIT. There were many valuable sessions throughout the day for 3 tracks (Technical, Functional and Analytical). As basically I am from technical side, the topics which they chosen are really excellent and presented in a very good manner.
Let me share you some of the points in ‘HANA LIVE’ which I learnt from the sessions, along with the points I collected apart from sessions, which I hope will be useful for you all to get the overview of this topic.
- HANA Live provides pre-built SAP data models specific to SAP business suite applications.
- It provides SAP-delivered content for SAP HANA calculation views for real-time operational reporting and is the platform for the new native SAP HANA applications Smart Business.The content is represented as a VDM – virtual data model, which is based on the transactional and master data tables of the SAP Business Suite.
- The Landscape consists of Accelerators, Analytics, BW on HANA, Applications and Business Suite on HANA.
SCENARIOS OF IMPLEMENATION:
- Sidecar scenario
- Integrated scenario
SAP HANA LIVE BROWSER:
- It is HTML5 based UI tool that allows you to easily and quickly browse, search, and tag HANA content views and consume themin SAP Business Objects Lumira or Analysis Office for analyzing the data.
- The default view is by application component. You can switch between the two types of views by selecting Application Component, Package – Flat, or Package – Hierarchy using the left hand side tree layout control placed next to the Search button as shown below.
- You can log into SAP HANA Live Browser as either a developer or a business user.
- A business user can view all the views in the SAP HANA Live Browser that the user has access. A business user can open contents of the view, analyze the view in SAP Analysis Office and SAP Lumira.
- If you log into the SAP HANA Live Browser as a developer user, you can view all views in the SAP HANA system and not limited to views you have access.
- SAP Lumira is one of the most suitable browser which is used to open views and has good quality of visualization.
- The main advantage of HANA live is that just a drag and drop of a particular field to a respective container will give the output in graphical format with which you can start your analysis as shown below:
- Schema Mapping
- HANA Live is to meet rapidly changing business needs and enhance the analytical capabilities of SAP HANA.
Thanks & Regards,