Part 2: Creating a Oracle DB connection profile in SAP Mobile Workspace 2.3:
Part 1 gives a clear understanding of how we can install and setup a connection in Oracle DB.
- Right Click Database Connection in Enterprise Explorer,
- Select New> Oracle> Give some connection profile name
- Specify required DB driver details
- Select Oracle Thin Driver and move to Jar List option as showing in below screenshot
- You must be seeing ojdbc14.jar file already available there, remove it
- Click on Add JAR, look for jar file available in installed Oracle DB path (D:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\owb\wf\lib)
- Provide required SID (Global Database name, it is same id what you would set in step 6 of Part 1.
- Required user name and password
- Test the connection
2. Once the connection is successful, you would see lots of Schemas available under newly created connection. Select any table available in any Schemas.
Make sure you copy the same odjc14.jar file in below location:
3. For easy understanding, i have selected EMPLOYEES table under HR Schema. Drag and drop this to create an MBO.
From this step onward, we can go with any MBO mobile application development connecting to Oracle DB.