Event type linkage: Transaction Code SWE2
Receiver Type : SUBSCRIBE
The event type linkage holds the information about the events and the corresponding workflow template it triggers. In the receiver type we mention the workflow template id which should get triggered when the linkage is active. In some cases, you can see the receiver type as SUBSCRIBE.
So, What will happen When this event is BKPF.CHANGED is triggered. Will it start a workflow?
The answer is NO.
This feature is design for GOS – Generic Object Service. In GOS there is a option to notify the user who are subscribed to the object.
Say you have a FI document and you want to monitor about its changes. You can achieve this without any development.
Click on the GOS icon My objects -> Subscribe / Cancel Object
Once you are subscribed to the instance, you will get a notification when the respective event is triggered. In our case receiver type is SUBSCRIBE for BKPF.CHANGED
Open SAP inbox (SBWP) to view the notification
At any point of time you can un-subscribe to the instance which you had subscribed via the same link
My objects -> Subscribe / Cancel Object
You will get a pop up for confirmation
Proceed with Cancel Subscription to stop getting the notification.
You can add additional events that cause a user to receive a message, or offer fewer events, for an object type. You can also enter the message text yourself.
- Call the table view maintenance (transaction SM30).
- Enter the table SGOSSUB.
- In order to make the settings for an object type, choose New Entries.
- Make the following entries:
- the object type
- the event about which the subscribed user is to be informed
- indicator of whether the subscription service for the event for this object type should be activated or de-activated.
- if necessary, a check function module
- the title under which the subscription service is offered to the users
- the name of a general text that is to be used as the message text. The text SGBT_DEF_SUB is used as standard.
Refer the SAP Help: