Side Panels: SAP Visual Business – Map Based Applications
SAP Visual Business is a user interface for visualizing data from various sources in interactive geographical or three-dimensional applications. To run these map based applications within a Side Panel in NWBC for desktop is a great opportunity to enhance business content modification free just by adding a Chip out of the Chip Catalog.
You can install SAP Visual Business from SAP Service Marketplace/Downloads > Installations and Upgrades > A-Z Index > V > SAP Visual Business
What Visual Business does:
- Displays maps, routes and geo services
- Visualizes SAP and non-SAP data on one screen
- Relates maps to business data in back end
- Allows you to update data in the back end
- Allows users to configure maps – code-free
- Shows changes in real-time
Benefits and Use Cases:
- Displays data in a visual and intuitive fashion
- Highly interactive
- Helps decision-makers home in on essential data
- Lets you navigate through business processes at the level of detail you require
- Enables you to use insights to make better decisions
- Runs in full-screen mode in NWBC
- Also runs in the side panel next to main canvas application
- Used in Sales, Market Analysis, Logistics, Retail, Production Control and CRM
- Transportation Management is only available for NWBC 4.0
New Features in SAP Visual Business 2.1:
- Major performance improvements on map tile loading and animations
- Scale showing reference measures for the current map display
- Selection of multiple objects with rectangle or Lasso
- Direct zoom by drawing a rectangle on the map section that is to be zoomed
- Restrictable map zoom and move (keep map focused on a certain area)
- Navigation history
- 32 bit and 64 bit version
- Keyboard support
For more information on NWBC integration options see my blog and video (SCN Space)
SAP Help Portal documentation:
Side Panel and Visual Enterprise see the following blog by Julie Plummer.
We installed Visual business 2.0 in order to use embedded maps in NWBC side panels.
Unfortunately, they appear blank :
Is there a way to toubleshoot this? :
I am not the best person to speak to. My aim is to provide high-level guidance regarding NWBC strategy and roadmap and unfortunately I have only capacity for that. Once a question becomes customer-specific, then it should be answered by an SAP Technology Consultatant. If you need a contact name, let me know. You could also open a new question within the SAP Visual Business Space in SCN together with the according error message.
Thank you for your feedback. If you can give me the contact names you have, it would be great !
Thank you for helping.
you did not mention any error message? Nothing on the screenshot.
To check your installation: https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000544602013E
For the Web Dynpro integration: Any problems with white list certificates? See the following notes: 1706291. This note mentions espacially the required installation of SAPCryptolib in the system. If the certificate is not working this lib might be missing. Note 800240 explains how the availability of the lib can be checked.
And if needed contact Ralf Rath via Visual Business.
Hope that helps.