In-Memory Info Cube
- In BW Standard Info cube have 2 fact tables and 16 dimension tables (13 custom defined, 3 system defined) and dimension table grouped with characteristics shared with master data.
F face table- Write and delete optimizing
E fact table- Read optimizing
- While coming to BW on HANA info cube the schema simplified to a single F fact table only and link with Master data tables.
In F fact table perform the read and write and delete operations and don’t have any dimension functionality only have packet dimension.
BW on HANA info cube model
The Impact of HANA-optimized Info Cubes
HANA- Optimized info cubes allow to In-memory technology to implement info cubes as flat structure and no dimension tables and E fact table.
It will accelerate data loads, simplified the data modeling, allow the faster remodeling and structural changes.
A HANA-optimized Info Cube is a standard Info Cube which optimized and persisted in the SAP HANA database. It provides all features and functions of previous Info Cubes.
A HANA-optimized Info Cube consists of the following components:
F fact table
Master Data SID’s
Properties of In-Memory Cube
- All newly created info cubes are optimized for HANA
- The only Dimensional Table Present is Package which holds the necessary Technical Information of the Cube.
- Faster Data Loads as there no Dim Id’s
- No need of line time and cardinality dimension
- No need of BIA Accelerator.
- Assignment of characteristics is a sorting option for query creation
- All SID’s are directly written to the F fact table
- BW accelerators functionality is incorporated within the HANA data base
- Fast data loads and 80% time reduction
- Faster structural changes.
Steps for How to convert Standard Cube to In-Memory Cube
Select info cube -> right click -> change mode
Below screen will appear- it is a standard info cube
Go to extras menu -> select information (logs/status)
Below screen have fact tables (E, F tables) and dimension tables (16 tables)
Now converting to standard cube to HANA Optimized Cube
Select the go to menu -> select the conversion to SAP HANA- Optimized
It will select the standard cube convert to In-Memory Cube
After activating In-Memory cube only F table and Data packet dimension.
Hope it will help for beginners.