We are about to go life with HANA on a Customer.
And as you might Know there is some Tool posted some time a go to help SAPB1 teams with the translation of queries and Formatted searches.
Although the tool is really nice it takes an additional effort to take your SQL Server queries, formatted searches and views and SBO_Transaction_Notification to the real string that will actually work on HANA.
There’s a manual review process that a Human should do, before having your Queries running smoothly on HANA.
When I was actually translating my 320 Queries I realized 2 things:
- There’s a priorization need to be done (The users might not be using some of the queries…)
- I Need something to save the time I take to update manually the queries after the ConverterLib translates them…
- We could save lots of time due to the fact that the only 2 things that might not work in HANA but Will on SQL Server is the IFNULL and Convert. So I could have saved lots of time by changing some of the syntaxis details over SQL Server even before Migrating to HANA!!!!!!!!!!!.
- When you are about to go live you need to Know what is working on HANA and what is not other wise you’ll be caught on a big Excel Jungle (there’s a tiny little possibility of having to translate Queries after going live, )
After reaching point Number 2, I couldn’t help myself and I started writing code to make my life a little bit easier than before, using the Library called ConverterLib. I create an Add-on wich helped me to.
- Priorize the queries I want to translate
- A tool where I can actually make all the changes after using ConverterLib
- A tool where I can translate my queries on the SQL Server Infraestructure
- A tool where I will be able to track what has and/or has not been translated.
Take a Look on Youtube: The idea that saved me when Migrating SAP B1 to HANA – YouTube
I’m on the first version of it… I have more new ideas ..
I can’t help myself I need to write more code….
Still working on adding views and Stored Procedures….(Coming Soon!!!)
Hope you like this… and if you have more
please send me more ideas!!
sky is the limit…
Happy Migration to HANA