It is hard to keep track of all the contributions. Especially in the last few weeks a lot of new blogs and documents have been provided. Time for a new reader’s digest blog about new content! Some of the documents can also be found on the SAP NW DSM community page.
SAP NetWeaver Decision Service Management is tightly integrated into SAP CRM for Utilities. Over the next few months, hundreds of Utility customers will benefit from this integration. Learn more about it here.
SAP Collections Management uses BRFplus during the dunning process to define and apply segment-specific collection strategies. With the integration of SAP NetWeaver Decision Service Management, you can raise the bar even further. This document helps you understand how.
A debugger for business analysts is a new capability of SAP NetWeaver Decision Service management. Learn how it works in this document.
HANA is a topic of growing importance. Wolfgang Schaper provided this document to illustrate how SAP NetWeaver Decision Service Management can benefit from HANA. To illustrate the capabilities, an airline promotion and loyalty program has been built.
NW DSM/BRFplus provides integration points that let application developers (SAP but also partners and customers) extend the functionality and enrich the expressiveness for writing business rules. An expression type for reading data using the Business Object Framework BOBF has existed for several years. Recently, it has been improved, especially with respect to code generation. The development team has provided a document describing how to use the expression type. BOBF is used in many SAP applications such as Transportation Management.
Tobias Trapp is a phenomenon! Some month ago he and his organization joined the club of NW DSM/BRFplus users. However, this is not enough for him. Since then Tobias keeps digging deeper and deeper. The result is a list of excellent blogs and comments:
- SAP TechEd Amsterdam: A Wrap-Up and some Food for Thought for SAP
- The Evolution of BRF to BRFplus: From Naming Conventions to Robust and Transparent Governance
- Some Aspects about Transport and Extension of BRFplus Applications from an ISV’s Point of View
- Configuration By Exception: Why BRFplus is Superior to Customizing
- What are your BRFplus Best Practices as an ISV or Architect of a large Custom Development Project?
- Optimization of Rule Driven Systems
- A Small Piece of Research: Modelling Decision Tables Using Ontologies
- Modelling Rulesets Using Ontologies
- Common Misconceptions of DSM/BRFplus
Juan-Carlos Garcia-Garavito contributed 2 blogs in which he describes how “…BRFplus gives some kind of freedom to us, the non-developers…”! Curious? Then check out his two blog postings to see what he did:
- Basic BRFPlus example to confirm if an Employee is a Team Lead (Manager) or not
- Basic BRFPlus example to confirm if an Employee is a Team Lead (Manager) or not (Part 2)
Marcelo Ramos presented BRFplus as part of SAP INSIDE TRACK SÃO PAULO 2013. This is the first time I’ve heard of BRFplus in the Portuguese language. Since there are more and more Brazilian customers, this was just a matter of time. Unfortunately, the growing base of experts in Latin America is doing away with opportunities to visit my second home Sapiranga, RS, Brazil. Desculpa mãe. 😉
An excellent document in the context of GRC has been provided as the appendix to an SAP note. GRC is an application I’m not very familiar with. Therefore, I am very happy for the level of detail provided.