Calling All Students: M-Prize Submissions Due!
Did you know that, according to a recent survey by Gallup, only 30% of employees are engaged and inspired at work? This has major implications for leadership, management and how we organize in the workplace. How can we encourage people to bring their passion and imagination to work, every day? What role can digital technologies play for connecting people, innovative ideas, and how we work?
SAP believes Millennials hold the answers.
As you prepare to enter/re-enter the workforce, how do you want your individual contribution recognized? How can your initiative, ingenuity and passions be
nurtured and inspired? What does a workplace look like where the power of the individual is emphasized over the traditional command and control management model?
To get the conversation started, SAP is sponsoring the Unlimited Human Potential M-Prize. Through collaboration with noted author and speaker Gary Hamel, this contest uses crowdsourcing to shape the future of business. Check out the Gary Hamel video on The MIX website(click on “Blog” tab) to learn more.
SAP has just announced it will provide “Idea Accelerators” to reward winning teams who have the potential to produce a viable app, product, company or even a movement … based on potential to make a genuine impact. Leverage your knowledge of SAP to win! The accelerators include:
- A design thinking workshop with experts from SAP Labs to further develop and prototype your idea
- A mentoring session with SAP Ventures executives plus introductions to angel investors
- Additionally, depending on the results of interviews conducted by the SAP Ventures team and the market potential of the winning entry, one of these entrants could also win USD $50,000 in funding from SAP Ventures, to go towards the formation of a new start-up company or venture (special consideration for this award will be given to entries with the potential to leverage SAP HANA)
First round submissions are due March 3, 2014, so get started today! If you have addressed this topic on the job, submit your success story so others can learn from you. If you have creative ideas or technology solutions you want to put forward to unleash “Unlimited Human Potential” in organizations submit a hack.
- Teams or individuals will submit entries via the M-Prize online platform. You can enter in two ways:
- Share a Story – a real-world case study of a single practice, an initiative, or a broad-based transformation
- Submit a Hack – a disruptive idea, radical fix, or experimental design
- The call for entries runs through March 3, 2014; finalists will be announced on March 18; winners will be announced in June.
Some additional links that you might want to check out:
- Unlocking Human Potential Beyond Boundaries (SCN Business Trends Blog)
- How to Change the Way Businesses Relate to People (Fortune/CNNMoney.com blog)
Do you need more inspiration? Join us for upcoming Maverick Hangouts with thought leaders – see my blog (M-Prize Inspiration: Maverick Hangouts) for details.
We look forward to seeing your submissions. Good Luck!
PS: Follow the M-Prize on Twitter at #SAPMPrize