On 29, January 2014, the members of the centers for very large business applications (CVLBA) in Magedeburg and Munich met at the SAP headquarter in Walldorf to present their current research. The talks adressed the following topics:
- Critical Success Factors of SaaS Based ERP Implementations – An Explorative Study Using SAP Business ByDesign as an Example (Harald Kienegger)
- Understanding the Organizational Design of IT Risk Management (Manuel Wiesche)
- A Conceptual Model of an ERP System for Cloud Application Service Providers (Johannes Hintsch)
- Business Simulations with SAP ERP (Bastian Kurbjuhn)
- The Vendor’s Perspective on Information Systems Project Risk (Konrad Dongus)
- Predicting Non-functional Properties of Service-Oriented IT System Landscapes (Sascha Bosse)
- IT-related Challenges in Corporate Divestitures: Towards a Reference Model for managing IT Carve-Outs (Markus Böhm)
- Cloud Operations Management (Christian Schulz)
Besides the CVLBA board members, including Ann Rosenberg, Prof. Dr. Gerhard Schwabe, and Dr. Bernd Welz, an impressive number of SAP professionals joined the presentations and discussed the research projects, their progress and benefit for SAP.
Dr. Oliver Kroneisen (SAP, Vice President, COO LoB Finance) summarized the annual meeting as follows:
“I am impressed and feel inspired by the great scientific research I have seen … great work that will improve the way how large and complex systems with high availability can be provided. The event also clearly showed how fruitful the collaboration between researchers and practitioners at SAP is.”
Participants of the annual CVLBA Meeting 2014
I want to use the opportunity to thank SAP for hosting us and all participants for the fruitful discussions. I am sure that this was a great platform for all of us to discuss the practical implications of our research. I am looking forward to an intersting year with intensive discussions with our SAP mentors and experts.