SAP Operational Process Intelligence whitelisted to run with Suite on HANA and BW on HANA
I am happy to announce that SAP Operational Process Intelligence is now whitelisted to run on:
So now more and more customers can leverage the power of real-time visibility and operational intelligence in their business operations.
Here are more details on the whitelists:
So what is the HANA whitelist?
The HANA whitelist describes which applications and components can be co-deployed on the same HANA instance in production.
Co-deployment with SAP Business Warehouse on HANA
The following note describes the whitelist for HANA: SAP Note: 1661202 – Support for multiple applications on SAP HANA.
Based on this note, BW on HANA customers can run SAP Operational Process Intelligence on the same HANA appliance as their Business Warehouse.
What are the advantages?
- Leverage common data foundation: Operational Process Intelligence can leverage the same data foundation as Business Warehouse information models for process context data.
- Adding Process Dimension: Operational Process Intelligence can bring in the notion of the “process” to business analysis. This helps to identify weak spots in business operations and help to put in mechanisms in place to rectify these weak spots and thereby improve business operations
- Lower TCO and Costs: Combination of operational intelligence and business warehouse/intelligence on a common HANA platform lowers TCO considerably and simplifies IT landscapes. It also enables leveraging the existing Business Intelligence tools for operational intelligence.
Co-deployment with SAP Business Suite on HANA
The following note describes the whitelist for Business Suite on HANA: SAP Note: 1826100 – Multiple applications SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA.
What are the advantages?
- No need for replication: Deployment of Business Suite and Operational Process Intelligence on the same HANA instance removes the need to replicate data from the transactional system to a side-by-side deployment of Operational Process Intelligence. Avoiding replication saves a lot in project cost.
- Reduced Project times and Faster Value: Replication is avoided and hence project timelines are faster, projects are more iterative and generate faster value to customers and users
With the co-deployment options, we believe you can significantly simplify your landscape and save on project timelines and costs.